제11장 죄송합니다

Chapter 11 : SORRY

"W-wooshik?", I manage to whisper once the shock settled down a little, but I still can't believe it.

One of my best friends, one of the persons who approached me on my first day in the new high school, who showed me around with a wide genuine smile on his face, have now betrayed me. Stabbed me in the back, hard.

I ain't gonna lie. It hurts, his betrayal aches in my heart, it feels as a cold hand has it grip around it, like it's going to crush it any second.

The moment I saw him, I could almost hear my heart break, not like when you're getting dumped by a partner, not like when you hear that you're friend have been spreading rumours about you, but as you figure out you've been living in a lie. All the moments I had with Wooshik, were they true or just an act? Does he care about me at all?

I know it sounds like my world scattered around me, like my heart been broken beyond repair, but it's not quite true, mostly it's because of the shock of seeing him of all people standing in the doorframe, speaking casually with my kidnappers.

I'm hurt, but I will heal.

I'm sad, but soon the anger will replace my despair.

I'm confused, and I'm going to crave for answers.

Wooshik stabbed me in the back, but I'm going to take the dagger and figuratively speaking shove it in his heart, and twist it. Letting him feel the same pain like me, letting him understand how much a betrayal hurts.

I'm going to get under his skin, and crave for revenge.

I'm not going down without a fight, and I sure as hell can put up a good one.

Deep in my thoughts, I don't realize that everyone in the room are dead silent, not until now.

A thousand different questions fills my head, and somehow. my brain decides to ask Wooshik for the least important one.

"Does Da-mi know?" If his girlfriend, my friend, is also a part of this, I don't know how I will react but I can tell you one thing for sure

I'm going to have serious trust issues from now on.

Wooshik meets my penetrating stare and shakes his head. "No, she don't and I'm not planning on changing that either."

My heart feels a little bit lighter at his words, put he only answered one question and I got a lot of them left.

"And Jackson?", I ask, not showing any feelings on my face. Honestly, I'm surprised I can even talk to him without breaking down or trying to choke him, but then there's my ankle, which hurts almost as much as my heart.

Once again, Wooshik shakes his head in response. "It's just me, Taetae."

I flinch at the nickname no one else than Wooshik and Jiminie calls me, but now when I hear it coming out from his mouth, it sends chiller down my spine and makes me want to puke.

"Don't call me that", I spit out with as much venom in my mouth as possible.

The anger that's boiling inside of me suppresses some of the pain in my ankle, but tears are resting in the brim of my eyes and Sehun, who is standing beside Wooshik by the door, notice.

"Dude", he says to Jeongguk, "you should check her ankle, like right away."

I feel Jeongguk move slightly as I haven't moved from my spot on his lap, and he places one of his hands on my shoulder and turn my face towards him. As he sees my tears, something that looks like sympathy flashes by in his dark eyes before it quickly disappears again.