16장 거짓말

Chapter 16 : LIES

I watch the phone with my mouth slightly opened.

Could it really be that easy?

It's just laying there, taunting me.

Daring me to pick it up.

I expected it to be much harder than this, but this was what I planned for.

Getting his phone.

It's daring me to pick it up, and I do.

As I turn on the screen, I hear someone clear his throat.

My whole body freezes and it feels as my heart skipped a beat.

Slowly, I turn around with the phone in my hand, and meets the gaze of Peter.

"W-wooshik", I stutter, this time not on purpose, "I can expl-"

"Cut the crap, Tae", he spits out with venom in his voice. "Don't even try to wiggle yourself out of this. You really think I would be fooled by your act? C'mon, I know you better than that."

I stare at him in disbelief. The Wooshik I talked to a minute ago has washed away completely and been replaced by a cold shell of what he once was, or at least what he once pretended to be.

"You... you played me...", I whisper, still taken aback.

Wooshik gives out a dry laugh.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. The player got played, you failed at your own game."

I bite my lip and take deep breaths, focusing on controlling the anger that's burning inside of me. The anger and hate I felt before which had cooled down, have now been lit again.

"You think this is a game?" I spit out, "you think I'm doing this for fun, huh? I'm doing this because I don't want to be here, because I want to get back to what you've ripped me away from."

Wooshik's face and eyes are emotionless and plain blank, not showing anything at all.

"Too bad", he says slowly, "because you ain't going anywhere."

With those words, he declared war.

I wanted to rose up from my place on the bed and wipe the tugging smirk off his lips, make him feel the pain I do.

But I don't, because somewhere in the chaos of my anger, I still have some sense left.

With his phone in my hand, I turn on the screen with calling the emergency in my mind, but before I have time to put my plan into action Peter throws himself over me, and I react to late.

I tried to slip out of the bed, but he got a hold on my upper arm and hold me back, but I didn't let go of the phone.

It's in my hand, still, and I try to put one of my shaking fingers on the call icon, but fails.

"Not so fast", Wooshik hisses and the pressure of the grip on my arm increases immediately.

I scream in pain, and reluctantly let go of the phone, which lands on the floor with a thud.

With my free hand, I reach after it but He kicks it under the bed with one of his feet, and we start wrestling each other.

It didn't take long before I was lying on the bed on my back with Wooshik above me, pinning me down.

And just in that moment, the door burst open and both of our gazes snapped there.

"What the hell?", He shouts from the doorway, his eyes wide opened.

I can only imagine what this must look like in his eyes, me lying on Wooshik bed with him practically all over me.

Even the thought of it made me shudder, but I suddenly realized I could use this to my advantage.

"Dude", Wooshik speaks up with an almost pleading face, "it's not what it looks like. I can explain, we ju-"

"He kissed me", I blurted out before Wooshik had time to finish, and they both turned their attention towards me, eyes widened and flushed cheeks. Jeonggukie's cheeks because of anger, Wooshik because of embarrassment, and his eyes full of worry and confusion.

Of course, I just lied.

He didn't kiss me.

Ugh.

But Jeongguk doesn't have to know that.

"Jeongguk ...", Wooshik says in a slow tone, "he's lying. Promise. Why would I even kiss him? I have a girlfriend for freaking sake!"

I decide to continue my act, and I furrow my eyebrows together.

"That haven't stopped you before. You've always had a tiny crush on my, don't you remember last spring break? You tried to kiss me."

I have to stop myself from smiling, proud of my little act. Of course, he doesn't have a crush on me and when it comes to what I just said about last spring break?

Just a lie.

Wooshik's head shot up once I uttered the lie, and he began shaking his head repeatedly.

"That's not true, Jeongguk. C'mon you know me, I would nev-"

"Get off of him", Jeongguk cuts off, and Wooshik immediately do as he says, still rambling excuses and defending himself, repeating that he would never cheat on Da-mi.

Even though I despite Wooshik now, I do give him extra credit for staying true to his girlfriend, who is also my friend.

"He tried to escape!", he suddenly yells out, and Jeongguk freezes in the steps he started taking towards me.

"He tried to kiss me!..Jeonggukie", I plead with tears in my eyes.

Jeongguk gives out a frustrated sigh and gives us both suspicious glares.

"Which one of you is lying and who is telling the truth?"

I open my mouth at the same time as Wooshik, and we both start defending ourselves again.

After a while, he tells us both to shut up, being more serious than ever.

"I don't want to hear more of this. I just want to know who is lying, because I can tell you that whoever it is out of you two, the responsible won't like the consequences."

Shoot.

"So, care to tell me now?"