제34화 패배와 승리

CHAPTER 34 LOST AND WON

Taehyung's POV:

A gunshot goes off and chaos breaks loose. People scream and shout, out of fear or to each other, and running bodies fills the room.

I, on the other hand, barely notice anything at all and am almost thrown at the floor as Jeongguk abruptly rises from his place on the sofa, but he catches me in the last second before I would practically faceplant the floor.

He tries to desperately drag me towards one of the exits, but I'm still numb and he curses in frustration as I move as much as a dead body. With other words, I don't move at all.

Namjoon hyung and the other guys are out of sight, somewhere in the sea of panicking bodies, and everyone move towards the two exits, pressing against each other like if their lives depends on it - which it might as well do.

Jeonggukie pulls out a gun from the hem of his jeans, hid behind is back and shirt, and suddenly I'm pushed by my side - hard - by a creepy looking guy who runs past, probably not even noticing me. I, however, fall to the ground by the strength behind the push, bringing Jeongguk down with me.

If I would think rationally - normally - I would've thought that Jeongguk would get both of us up as soon as possible but instead, he throws himself over me to keep me down on the ground. Not that I would've moved anyway.

A bullet flies past me, over my head, and Jeongguk's action makes total sense.

What I don't know, is that most of the people who runs through the exit don't make it outside, because except from the four policemen inside, more and even more of them are guiding all doors and windows, and they keep coming, the sound of the sirens becoming mixed with the screams, shouts and gunshots.

"Taehyung", Jeongguk whispers-shouts in my ear even though I can't hear him, his breath panting, "you have to come back."

He's still on top of me, and he takes a firm grip at me chin and forces me to look at him.

"Tae, please. Come back, I don't care about how stubborn and angry you are. Heck, I don't even care about the fact that you hate me, not right now. All I want is for both of us to get out of here alive, and I can't do it without your help." His dark eyes, now full of worry, stress and nervousness, looks into mine, searching for some kind of proof that I'm here, back. He doesn't find any and neither do I find back to reality.

Jeongguk starts to get desperate, knowing he can't carry me out of here, not if he wants us to be the slightest bit safe at least, and his lips attacks mine. He kisses me harshly, his lips moving against my numb ones, hoping on a miracle that will bring me back. Sadly, things like that only happens in fairy tales and movies and I can guarantee that I'm not the sleeping beauty and that Jeongguk isn't prince Philip.

A tear, yes a tear, falls down Jeongguk's cheek and lands on my chin. If it's caused out of frustration or sadness, I don't know.

"Damn it, Tae!" He curses as he pulls back, gun in hand.

The man, cop, with a mustache stands across the room and his eyes flickers through the room, finding Jeongguk and I.

His hands, steadily placed on a gun, points at us, or more directly, at Jeongguk.

"Leave the boy!" he shouts as he cautiously makes his way towards us, keeping an eye on everyone around as well, watching out for any gun pointed at him.

Apparently, he's not cautious enough and with most of his focus pointed at Jeongguk and the gun Jeongguk is holding, the policeman don't see Namjoon hyung who's standing a couple metres behind him, covered behind a panel by the scene. A glimpse of silver glister in the light of one of the lamps above the scene and without anyone really noticing, Namjoon hyung pulls down the trigger on the gun in his hand and it fires, the policeman falling to the ground with his eyes widened in surprise and shock. The bullet didn't hit him in the head or heart and the policeman drops the gun, not being able to hold it as pain is shooting through his whole body from his left side where a dark liquid starts pouring out.