chapter 1: beta

Hiroshi POV

My name is Hiroshi gasai my family has a unique business shall we say and cause of that business I developed a sadistic personality and so what do you expect me to do when I'm chosen to take part in the beta for this vrmmo called sword art online which is only allowing 100,000 players to participate. I'm of course gonna try it because if I can't be sadistic in the real world than I can be sadistic there.

After I finished setting the headset up I started it up and said "link start" In a millisecond I'm blinded by Tons of bright lights and than I'm prompted to enter my username I go with my name I use in the family business hiro. Than when I am done more bright lights blinded me the next second I'm in the game I spawned in a town which from what I read about the game is supposed to be called the town of beginnings. Now i got to check my inbox because my family contact that gave me the chance to participate in the beta said to check my inbox in the game. And when I checked it I saw a present from none other than Akihito kayaba himself the present its self was a special skill that's only available to me it's called twin daggers. "Heh" I could only laugh because he knows me so well. I love daggers now getting to dual wield two daggers "oh this'll be fun" I said with a sadistic laugh to myself. I than noticed something at the bottom of the present it was a message from Akihito himself saying "Hiroshi for whats gonna happen after the beta test is done and the game is released to the public I'm sorry no hard feelings okay." I than was confused because this message made no sense I didn't know what he was talking about so I just ignored it for now. And went outside of the town of beginnings to practice my new skill on some enemies.

I found a boar and than equipped a special dagger that came from the skill called kuro it was a curved dagger with a design of flames on the blade. I also equipped a bronze dagger that I bought from the npc merchant using some money (that I got along with the special skill) and dashed towards it utilizing my technique I developed while doing the family business I aimed for the eyes first and slashed it across its eyes with kuro I than thrusted my bronze daggers into the boars neck killing it instantly. While I was feeling good at my first kill in the game I didn't noticed another boar was charging me I acted to late and got tackled by the boar and had the wind knocked out of me. I than looked at the boar with a deadly look and said "oh your gonna regret that" I picked up my two daggers and dashed towards the boar this time though I threw my bronze daggers at it and stabbed it in the left eye. I Than when I got close enough used kuro to stab it in the head and killed it. I wonder what kinda drops I got from those two I opened my inventory and saw I had 2000 coal and I also went up a level making me now level 2 and the item I got was 2 things of boar meat I guess I could improve my cooking skill. I should put one of my daggers away so I don't let people know I got this special skill so I put kuro away. I decided to grind some more and gain some more experience and more loot before I logged out because if I'm correct the beta test should end in a few weeks than they will make some final adjustments to it and than release it to the public. So I guess I should grind as much as I can and also try to beat the bosses on each level even though it's better to work with a team I'm confident I can fight a boss all by myself. But enough of that let's head to the next area.

Timskip 3 weeks later

"Ahahahahaha" I was laughing like a maniac because I was killing a stronger boar on the 20th floor and I was having so much fun. It's been 3 weeks and in that time I leveled up all the way to level 40 and me and some other experienced players were taking care of the bosses on each floor and it's been so much fun. I than finished the boar off and got a message in my inbox I opened it and saw it was from the system after making sure I was safe the message read "dear all players this is the end of the beta for sword art online. We will now log all players out and don't worry about your progress while the floors will be reset when the full game comes out you all will still be able to keep your characters data. we hope you all had fun and hope you come back for the public release." After I closed the message I saw lots of bright lights like the time I logged in as and then I realized I was back in the real world. I took off my headset and saw my younger sister natsuki sitting next to my bed looking at her phone. After she noticed me she said with a serious tone "Hiroshi we got a job and it's the biggest one yet and it's something your gonna love." I than looked at her after sitting up with a serious expression and said in a serious voice "what's the job" she than said "it's a job from Akihito kayaba himself he wants us to when his game sword art online releases to the public to act as mercenaries in the game and make sure to take care of players that tries to kill other players and to also accept other players request no matter what. And if we do this job till he says we're done than we're gonna get paid a lot, probably the most we have gotten paid from any of our clients." I looked at her and said with a smile on my face "well than I guess we better train to make sure we're not rusty. When the game comes out. I guess we should get you a headset to and make sure our contact give you a copy of the game." Natsuki said with a smile instead of a serious expression "this'll be so much fun with you."

Alright guys this is the first chapter of my Sao story. And imma say this right now but I don't remember that much from the anime so while this story will be trying to follow the anime a little bit it might be deviating from the anime. So yeah don't be surprised if there is something different In this story than the anime. And with that I bid you all a good day/night wherever you are.