chapter 2: link start

Hiroshi POV

Today was the day at exactly 2 pm I can log onto sword art online. And so can natsuki she is getting ready in her room. We both have a plan since she wasn't in the beta I'm gonna have to teach her how to play and get her levels up. It was 5 minutes till 2 and I was ready that is until my phone started ringing. I look at the caller id and saw that it was him Akihito kayaba I answered immediately and said "hello sir what can I do for you" he responded "hello Hiroshi I'm hoping you got my special present in the game" I told him "yes sir I did" he responded "good now I'm assuming your sister filled you in on the job"I told him "yes sir she did and we're gonna first level her character up and than start the job." He responded "that's good now tell your sister to check her inbox in game when you guys log in I left a little present in there for her to help you guys out." I responded "okay sir I'll tell her." He than told me "good now I got a meeting to go to and you have to log on so I'll leave you be. Hiroshi I'm sorry for what's gonna happen soon I hope you survive" he said that last bit with what sounded like a pained tone of voice and than just hung up. I was confused and tried thinking what he ment but I couldn't figure anything out. Anyways there was 2 minutes left and I texted natsuki and told her to when she logs on to not move from where she is. I laid down on my bed put the headset on and said "link start" than the same process as the first time repeated and after a moment I was in the game. I looked around and saw the avatar my sister was using and It was bright to say the least with a pink skirt and a pink shirt and a pink hat and pink stockings and her username was a little bit better at least it was "hope" and she must have gotten it from her real name.

I walked over to her and told her "hey natsuki check your inbox Akihito kayaba said he left something in their for you" she than checked her inbox and gasped and took what she had in her inbox out and even I was surprised. It was the same skill I had and it came with her own pure white dagger named shiro. She than turned to me and said with stars in her eyes "hey Hiroshi we have the same skill now isn't that exciting." I told her with a smile on my face "yeah it's exciting" I than told her "we must make sure we don't show off the dagger because we don't want people to think we're special and start hating us. Although if someone does ask questions than well say it's a skill we got from the beta okay." She nodded and put her dagger away and before we went to the plains we went to the weapons selling npc and bought a bronze dagger for her. Than we went to the plains and when we got there we saw two people one had red hair and a red headband and a red suit of armor and the other had black hair and was dressed in black. They were fighting a boar while the red haired dude is doing bad the black haired guy was doing way better which makes me believe he's a beta player. While the other dude is a new player and he's being taught by the other dude. I told natsuki "we should make some friends in the game so in case of anything happening that we need extra help for." She nodded and we headed towards them. When we got over there the black haired dude already killed the boar and was helping the red haired dude up. I said to them "hey your a beta player right. I am as well and this is my sister hope and I'm hiro. I'm teaching her the basics of the game. I'm assuming the same is in your case." The black haired dude nodded and told us "my name is Kirito and this here is Klein and while he's not in the beta I was." Klein nodded and told us "what's up." Klein than whispered towards me and asked "hey so is your sister hope singal." I looked at him with a deadpan stare and told him "dude she is 14 she is way to young for you." Klein looked sad at what I said. He than nodded to himself and said out loud "oh well there's plenty more fish in the sea." I than turned towards Kirito and asked him "hey so I'm trying to get hope here some levels so would you mind if we joined you guys." Kirito nodded and said "I don't mind and I'm sure klein doesn't either right." Klein nodded. with that we spent a little over an hour on grinding and I tried to keep my sadistic personality in check while killing the monster cause I didn't want to scare these guys off and natsuki level went from level 1 to level 40 meanwhile I only went up from level 40 level 42.

After we finished off the boar we were fighting Klein told us "I'm getting kind of hungry so Imma log out cause I ordered some pizza." Than Klein asked us "hey can I friend request you guys you three seem pretty cool." I nodded and so did natsuki and Kirito after we sent and accepted friend request. Klein tried to log out but than he screamed and said "the log out button isn't there." I was confused so I opened up my options window and saw that he was right there wasn't a log out button I than told them "that's gonna cause some serious problems if it's a bug for the future of the game." Kirito nodded and than  all of a sudden we all got a pop up message saying we were gonna be forced teleport. Than all 4 of us were teleported. we were in the town of beginnings and not just us but a whole lot of other players were here to. I got a bad feeling something was about to happen. Than out of nowhere in the sky appeared a giant figure who spoke "I am this games creator Akihito kayaba and as I'm sure you all noticed the log out button was missing fear not for this isn't a bug it's actually how the game was designed. And also from now on if any of you players lose all your health than there is no way to be revived you will die in the game and in real life by emitting microwaves that'll destroy your brain. Also if any of your family or friends remove the headset forcibly than the same thing will happen. The only way to leave the game is to beat all one hundred floors and clear the game." After he said all that no one could speak let alone move all paralyzed with fear. Meanwhile I was thinking and wondering why why would Akihito kayaba do this and it all makes sense now the message he sent when I played the beta and the mission he had for us. He wanted us to make sure that players wouldn't kill each other and wanted us to act as mercenaries. But still that doesn't explain why he would do something like this. While I was thinking Akihito kayaba spoke "before I leave I left you all a present plz open your inbox and take it out." Me natsuki, Kirito and Klein did and we took out a mirror than the next second we were scanned by the mirror and after It was done I looked over towards natsuki to make sure she is okay and saw something that made my eyes wide natsuki looked just like her real life body with her dyed pink hair in twintails and blue eyes.

I than looked in the mirror I had and saw that I looked like my real life body too with my white long hair that covers my right blue eye. I look at Klein and Kirito and they looked different as well. Than Akihito kayaba said "well now I hope you all can complete the game." And than he disappeared everyone started panicking and running for the exit I told natsuki Klein and Kirito let's get out of here. They nodded and we ran towards a alley way and Klein said to us after stopping "wait I gotta meet up with my friends we are apart of a guild and I gotta make sure they are okay." Kirito nodded and gave him a fist bump and said "no problem let's make sure to stay alive and see each other again dude and also my real name is kazuto kirigaya but you can call me Kirito. Seeing as how we know what each other look like now." Klein nodded and said "my real name is Tsuboi Ryoutaro. You can call me Klein if you want" he than turned towards me and natsuki and said "I hope to see you guys again as well and if you don'tind me asking what are your guy's real name." I told him my name along with a fake last name "my name is Hiroshi hyakuya.but you can call me hiro" I made eye contact with natsuki and made sure she knew not to say anything about our last name she told Klein "my name is natsuki hyakuya. But you can call me hope" he nodded and took off while waving at us. I than asked Kirito what he plans to do "well I plan on grinding some more and strategizing for the boss because if it's the same boss as the beta than it should be easy but if it's not than we gotta be ready." I nodded and he asked us "what about you two" I told him a half truth "we are gonna act as mercenaries to make sure no one tries to kill other prayers and accept jobs from people." Kirito nodded and said "well I hope you guys make it see you later." He waved at us while leaving. I told natsuki "we must survive this game and get answers from Akihito kayaba no matter what." Natsuki agreed and we decided we should grind a little bit more. While we were fighting monsters I hope that we stay alive and so do other people.

And with that that's the end of the second chapter yeah so Imma work on the next chapter soon and I'll try to get it out as fast as possible but it might take longer cause I got a job and am still in school so yeah. But I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and plz constructive criticism is much appreciated along with writing tips and with that have a good day/night wherever you are.