chapter 5: duel between Hiroshi and silica

Natsuki POV:

It's been 5 minutes since I left Hiroshi and silica hoping Hiroshi knows that Im trying to get them closer. Now I'm just killing boars for fun cause there is really nothing else to not do here in the plains area other than kill monsters so after I finish killing this boar I think I'll head back to see the progress between them and see how much closer they are. While I was heading back to where they are I thought of my next plan to get them closer because If I'm being honest they would look cute together. All lovey dovey, snuggling together, fighting each other to the death. Wait what, I arrived at where they are and am shocked to see Hiroshi and silica swinging daggers at each other, Hiroshi with his sadistic smile and silica with a strained and nervous expression. I than sighed and realized that this is hiroshi I tried to get to take the initiative to get closer with a girl, but nope he decides to fight her instead of trying to talk with her. I than just sat down on the grass and  decided to wait and observe to see how good silica is with a blade. When they get done I'm gonna have to talk with Hiroshi about how to socialize especially with girls.

Hiroshi POV:

Not gonna lie I was expecting silica to go down in the first strike but nope she doesn't have a lot of strength in her attacks but she makes up for it in speed and agility and her quick reflexes it's making it harder to strike her. She does better in dodging and running I see well than I'll make it easy on her. I told silica when I clashed my dagger with hers "hey silica if you want you can use Pina to help you out." She jumped back and told me with less stuttering surprisingly and more confidence "no I can do this on my own like you said you can only learn through experience." She than dashed towards me with more speed and confidence in her attack and slashed at my legs or at least I thought that she did. She instead did a faint aimed at my legs which made me break my guard and she slashed my stomach which made my hp drop halfway in the yellow zone and I was glad I couldn't feel pain in the game world while I was still shocked and didn't put my guard up fast enough I didn't even see silica slash my stomach again which made my hp drop in the red zone signalling the duel was over and silica as the winner. I was shocked and didn't even notice natsuki there clapping and running towards silica congratulating her. My shock then turned into excitement. I than had an idea maybe I could recruit her into the clan and have her join my family's business. She has the skills to be a good assassin. The only problem is there are 2 ways to recruit someone in the clan the first is to kill someone else in the clan thus proving your strength. Another way is to have them marry into the clan and the only suitable candidate for her are natsuki but even though she likes both guys and girls I don't think she likes silica in that way. And than there's me... huh maybe I could have her marry me and than she'll be in the clan.

The only problem is do I like her like that do I even know what love is I know what familial love is but I don't know what romantic love is I do get a weird feeling in my chest when I'm near her but that's probably just me being nervous due to me talking to a girl for the first time. Besides who would like me, someone who takes pleasure in inflicting pain and torture on both monster and humans and Even in real life who would like someone who kills people for a living. I don't know if I like silica in the romantic sense so Ill not only spend more time with her and talk with her but I'll also get some tips from natsuki about girls and I'll also have to discuss with natsuki about the idea of her joining the clan. I walked over and put my hand on silica's head and patted her head gently while saying "congratulations silica you manage to beat me  on your first try with the stuff I taught you I'm sure you'll have no problems helping us on missions that is if your still interested in joining us as mercenaries silica nodded towards me and said without stuttering and complete confidence "I'll work with you after sparring with you I'm getting less nervous around you guys so I'll stay and join you in being mercenaries." She than smiled at me which made my heart beat faster. I smiled back and thought maybe this'll be fun.

??? pov:

"I finally found you reaper duo I will expose your true identities to the other players and avenge my family which you brutally killed." I said to myself while staring at the reaper duo plus another person with them Mark my words. I will make you both suffer along with that little friend you have.

Okay guys so that's the end of this chapter now it might seem like the relationship between silica and Hiroshi is being rushed but I promise you readers it's not I plan on having a few more sweet moments between them and just letting you all know for next chapter there is gonna be a timeskip and we'll be getting into the first floor labyrinth real soon so yeah hope you all enjoy and have a good day/night wherever you are.