chapter 10: the game ends.

Hiroshi POV:

I opened my eyes and saw I was on a weird platform and was looking at a huge structure after some thinking I realized this was all the floors of Sao. I than looked around and saw someone who I know very well, Akihito kayaba the man responsible for this whole game just looking out towards the structure I dashed towards him and grabbed him by his collar his facial expression remained unchanged and asked him with an angry tone "do you have any idea what you have done. You basically murdered over 1000 people. You even risked mine and natsuki's life." I than teared up and told him with tears in my eyes "we thought of you as a second father to us and you basically left us and 50,000 people to die in this game. I admired you, natsuki admired you and you pretty much became a murderer!!!" I yelled at him and than realized something where did heathcliff go? I than asked him as he still stared at me with emotionless eyes "where's heathcliff at?" Akihito than told me "your staring at him. I am heathcliff and also the admin of Sao which means I can change between being a player and being admin which means while I was being a Player there was the chance of me dying as well." I was shocked and realized that this meant that he was in the game the entire time. I than asked him after calming down a bit "so since you killed me and I killed you, are we in the afterlife or something?" Akihito said to me "your wrong this is not the afterlife. when we were both about to die I brought our  avatars here which is Basically like a safe zone where we cant get deleted from both real life and the game." I nodded and asked Akihito "still why did you do this what was the point of this whole death game where not just us but even you could have died." He than looked at me with a emotionless expression and said "well the reason for this is that i wanted to replace the real world with virtual reality for myself but than thought why stop there I can bring others into this world to and so that's why I did and made the prize for beating me in this game escape to the real world. I was simply selfish. Even paying your parents to let you guys join the game as players so yeah that my reason. Any other questions." I was shocked by a few things. this meant that the whole reason he got everyone including himself trapped in this game was just to live a new life pretty much and not just that he payed mine and natsuki's parents to have us in this game. That made my blood boil to the brink I was on the verge of killing Akihito himself again right now but calmed myself and asked him "so what happens now. We both are dead technically but seeing as I killed you the final boss as well does everyone else get to escape this game." Akihito nodded and told me one thing that I wasn't expecting hear from him "first off I want to say something even though you probably don't want to hear me say this but  I want you to know im proud of you and natsuki for surviving this game you even found love with that one girl Hiroshi. Now this might not make it up to you and I don't expect forgiveness actually id prefer you to resent me for the rest of your life. Now remember what I said earlier that I placed both our avatars in this safe zone. I wasn't being entirely honest, so using my administration privileges at the last minute before your hp completey depleted I stopped your health before it was gone. So I can restore you back to life. Now as for myself I can't come back cause I only had enough time to do it for you. So think of it as a bonus for beating me."

I was shocked he not only saved me but did it at the cost of his own life. Why? Akihito kayaba told me one last thing and held  something In his hand which was a glowing golden orb and it vanished "what I just did was plant something known as the world seed now you and everyone else can use my assets and files of full dive and create your own virtual worlds and have fun without the risk of dying in real life that's the least I could do to make up although that's not enough I know that." Before I could say anything a bright light surrounded me. Akihito looked at me and said "before I end this game I will let you go back to your friends and talk to them you will all know when you'll be logged out when you see a message appear in your vision And Hiroshi tell natsuki I'm also sorry and that I wish you both happiness in The real world also tell yuno I'm sorry I couldn't fulfil our promise and please help her out if you can." I looked at him and nodded although reluctantly. Than everything around me turned white and I was blinded next thing I know I was standing back in the coliseum right where I died with silica and everyone standing around me staring wide eyed. I told them with a smile "I'm back"