chapter 3: being mercenaries and a new friend

It's been 1 week since the launch of Sao and there were 2 types of players in the game one type were the players that killed themselves to escape this nightmare and the other type were players who kept trying to find and beat the first floor boss yes it's already been a week and we lost about 100 players out of the 50,000 or so players in the game to suicide and we haven't even found the first floor labyrinth where the boss is located I thought I could find it since I was a beta player but it seems like Akihito kayaba accounted for that and changed the location of the labyrinth so I and other beta players couldn't find it and so me and natsuki stuck to grinding levels and being mercenaries for people. We ended up getting the title known as the reaper duo. we got jobs like being their bodyguards for them while they killed monsters or did quests. And we also got monster hunting jobs where people wanted us to kill a monster for some good loot and would split it with us. We or rather I will even do jobs like if people asked us to kill themselves than I would but thankfully I haven't had to do that yet also to kill someone else because that's what Akihito kayaba wants us to do as mercenaries in this game. Even though I've been thinking about Akihito kayaba motives I still can't figure out why he would do this. to me and natsuki he was a game loving creator that helped our parents raise us since I was 10 and natsuki was 9. He even taught us a little bit about game design and he even gave us our first job which was to be his bodyguards for a week and after that he became like a second father to us. Which begs the question if our parents knew about this and still let us in the game. There were to many unanswered questions.

While I was monologuing at a bench in the town of beginnings with natsuki eating some food next to me some girl walked up to us she was wearing red armor she looked around the same age as natsuki but a bit shorter. She looked nervous. she than started to speak to us more particular me and said while stuttering a bit at the beginning "y-y-you are the reaper duo right who'll accept any job." I nodded towards her and said "yeah we're the reaper duo and stop acting nervous we're not as dangerous as the rumors say... Well hope isn't at least." At that natsuki stopped eating and looked at me pouting than said "hey I take offense to that and just because I don't have a sadistic personality like you do doesn't mean I'm not dangerous like you." I just ignored her and kept talking to this girl "so yeah we'll do practily any job as long as your willing to pay." After I finished talking me and natsuki didn't even notice the tiny blue dragon that was behind her. I asked her "how do you have a pet dragon." The girl responded and said "o-o-oh I'm a beast tamer this is my friend Pina. As for the j-j-job I want your help with I was wondering if you two could h-h-help me level up a bit. I-i-its cool if you guys don't want to." Okay not gonna lie this stuttering and nervous thing of hers is kinda annoying but weirdly cute. Huh that's weird all my life I never thought that about someone like that mainly due to our family business I never had the time for romance and heck everyone around my age who knew me would be creeped out by me and not talk to me. So I always found those people to be annoying and would torture them both mentally and physically and that's true for both men and woman. I don't discriminate.

So I never had the chance to talk with people my age. But something about this girl is different than all the other kids around my age. i want to learn more about her So I sighed and told her "we'll help you level up for free But in exchange you'll be a mercenary with us and help us out with jobs. I can also teach you some techniques to make you stronger." The girl and natsuki both looked at me wide eyed especially natsuki. Than the girl said to me "t-t-thank you I promise to help you as best as I can." Looks like her nervousness and stuttering died down a little. I than remembered something and asked the girl "say what's your player name."I asked for her player name cause it would be a bit weird to ask for her real name She than told us "i-i-it's silica." I nodded and told her "my name is Hiro and this is hope my little sister although I'm sure you knew that already from the rumors about us." We all shook hands than I told silica "okay so we're gonna head to the plains since that's pretty much where the weakest monsters are and we'll work our way to the other area's seeing how we can't go to the next floor yet." Silica nodded and we departed for the plains. We got ourselves a new partner? Friend? Something like that and although it was pretty selfish of me to make her work with us just so I can know her more. I really do hope that we become great friends maybe something more.

Okay guys and with that is the third chapter now I will work on the next chapter at some point this week since I am out on spring break so I can work on it more. And sorry for having this chapter come out this late I've been busy with school and work so yeah. Hope you all have a good night/day wherever you are.