𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 ೃ⁀➷

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

. . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ ࿐ྂ 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄. The sky was engulfed in flames. The screams of the clan's people continued to grow as the heat intensified.

Iris (the middle daughter of the Sully family) grabbed Tuk's petite hand and dragged her past the embers. Tears stained her delicate face as her cries for help were getting weaker and weaker. "NETEYAM?" she screeched, her throat ached, "LO'AK?!". She stopped for a moment trying to catch her breath, the smoke was intoxicating.

"Riri!" Tuk shouted through a strangled sob, "What is going on! Where are Mama and Papa?"

Iris hugged her little sister tightly, "I'm not sure Tuk," Iris pulled back from the hug and placed her hands on Tuk's shoulders, "I'm sure we'll be okay, but we need to keep going and find the others." She put on the bravest smile she could for her sister, "Now come on we need to go!" and with that the two started to run again with Iris practically dragging Tuk along. "NETEYAM?!" Iris screamed, "HELP US SOMEONE!" she scooped Tuk up into her arms and broke into a sprint past the burning piles of leaves, branches and corpses.

Tuk buried her face into her older sister's shoulder unable to face looking at the traumatic scene. "LO'AK, KIRI?!" Iris yelled once more forcing her voice to break into a croak. She held the back of Tuk's head.

Iris screamed and shouted for help for what seemed like a century before a sharp pain could be felt in her chest. She started to choke and cough uncontrollably, "Riri?" Tuk whimpered concerned as Iris came to a stop.

She placed the littlest Sully on the ground before hunching over and falling to her knees. She held her stomach tightly as a wave of nausea came over her, "Tuk." She looked up at her anxious little sister, "Please, don't wait for me. Carry on running, run until you find someone, anyone that can help be it Neteyam or a random stranger."

"What about you Iris! I can't leave you! " Tuk cried wrapping her little arms around her older sister.

"I can't say I'll be fine Tuk because I can't make promises I can't keep. It isn't fair, but we can only hope and pray to Eywa we'll all come out of this alive." she said softly, "Now go Tuk." her tone became harsh, "GO!" she pushed her sister who began to run.

Iris fell down to the floor, her vision went hazy. She was choking horrifically and her ears were ringing. She watched the blurry, blob that was her sister run off into the darkness, "Oh Great Mother, please help my family and clan escape the torture." Iris prayed with the little voice she had left. Suddenly a wave of energy washed over her and she jolted, her vision slowly came back, it was still blurry but she could see a bit clearer and the chocking began to stop as well as the pain in her chest. I can't stop. I need to escape. She told herself.

She pulled herself up off the ground with all her might. She wobbled slightly as she got up but managed to steady herself, she looked down at her feet ,which were bloodied and bruised, then she looked up. The only colours she could see were a hazy red, orange and black. She began to run once more this time her feet physically throbbed with each step. Her vision was still quite blurred and the ringing made her feel like there was a bell in her brain, but she wouldn't stop running. She ran until she felt her feet splitting even more. Tears dripped down her cheeks, she needed to find help.

"IRIS?!" she heard a voice call through the haze, it seemed to echo with the ringing. There is still hope, she told herself as she picked up the pace, "HELP ME! I'M OVER HERE!" she called to the voice, as the ringing began to get quieter.

"IRIS!" The familiar voice called, which she soon realised was Neteyam's. Her heart raced as she realised her older brother was close and she would soon be safe.

"NETEYAM!" she cried, hot tears poured down her cheeks. As she stopped and began looking in every direction for her sibling.

"IRIS? IRIS?" she could now hear her little brother Lo'ak calling for her too.

"LO'AK, NETEYAM. HELP ME!" she screamed as loud as possible her, croaky voice couldn't take anymore screaming.

All of a sudden a blurry figure ran through the black fog towards her, "IRIS! OH MY EYWA YOU'RE SAFE." She embraced the figure whose voice she instantly recognised. Kiri. It was Kiri. She began to sob uncontrollably. Trembling in her sister's arms.

"Kiri, I thought, I thought I was going to die." she stuttered as she buried her face into her older sister's shoulder, gripping on tight to her, not wanting to let go.

"It's okay, It's okay." Kiri said calmly stroking her sisters hair.

"Iris!" Lo'ak called, relief washed over his face seeing her safe and he ran over and hugged her.

Neteyam ran through the haze holding a distraught Tuk in his arms, "Iris, thank Eywa!" he smiled and embraced his siblings warmly.

Kiri broke the group hug and announced, "Guys, it's still not safe here. We need to go."

"She's right." Neteyam said, as the bitter sweet moment was broken, "Tuk can go with Kiri and I'll take Iris." with a few nods the group called their Ikrans. Lo'ak and Neteyam held Iris to steady her and lifted her onto Neteyam's Ikran.

Kiri did the same with Tuk and her Ikran, and the group flew off, above the thick black fog and flames, their home.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

𝐍𝐞𝐲'𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐢'𝐬 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐏𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞, 𝐈𝐫𝐢𝐬. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠...

{edited on November 5th 2023}

{word count:1019}