𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ೃ⁀➷

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

·˚ ◌༘₊· ͟͞꒰➳𝐈𝐫𝐢𝐬

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 my Ikran, Adira. I was a spotter, I had to watch to see if anyone was going to attack, but really what it meant was Dad wanted to make us feel involved in the fighting without actually being involved.

I guided Adira over to my brothers, "Seen anything yet?" a thick awkward tension clung to the air.

"What do you think?" Lo'ak huffed, he wanted to get involved in the action, but  Dad kept saying he was too young and reckless. He was kind of right, Lo'ak has been prone to making stupid decisions, but Lo'ak always said it's because he's the least favourite child. At first I thought he was saying it in a whiny childish, joking way but now I see it, Lo'ak was obviously not the favourite child. That hurt me a bit, to think that Dad had favourites but it had become more obvious she was around Lo.

"I'm guessing nothing." I forced a smile to try and lighten the mood. My brothers had been arguing all morning so it hadn't been an easy patrol, "Well, just um, let me know if you see anything." I said through gritted teeth.

I shook my head and sighed as I guided Adira back to our 'station'. I guess you could call it that, to be honest it was just an area we had to hover around and watch the conflict from. I sighed, not much ever happened from up here, so I was really just hanging around to be honest.

I did a quick scan over of the area and looked around, I then looked to where my brothers were... but they weren't there, "Dick heads." I groaned as my Ikran swooped down into the battlefield.

I could see the two as soon as we landed. I marched over and slapped Lo'ak on the back of his head, "What the heck are you doing?!" I hissed at the pair, I knew if Dad caught us we'd be in so much trouble .

"Ow!" he glared at me, if looks could kill I thought to myself "I'm helping." A smirk appeared on his face. Oh how I longed to slap him and drag him away by his ear, but it wasn't a good time for a fight.

Just as I was about to lecture him one of the older soldiers turned around and passed Lo'ak a gun, his eyes had an evil glint in them.

"No." I warned.

"Yes." Lo'ak cracked a devious smile.

"Lo'ak," I sucked in an annoyed breath, "Put. The gun. Down. Now." I gritted my teeth.

"How. about. No." he glared back at me.

"How about yes brother? Do as our dear sister says." Neteyam chirped up, a smirk flickered on his lips.

"Oh shut up would you!" I jabbed a finger at his chest accusingly, " You should have stopped him." I placed a hand on my hip as her brother threw his hands up in arrest. I rolled my eyes and spun around on my heel back to Lo'ak, "And anyway, you don't even know how to use a gun!" 

"Oh yes I do!" he defended like a child, "Dad taught me!" he held his head up, proud.

"Oh great we're all going to die!" I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. Suddenly my ears pricked up. I looked to my brothers to see theirs had too, "Do you hear-"