𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐮𝐥𝐤𝐮𝐧 ೃ⁀➷

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

·˚ ◌༘₊· ͟͞꒰➳ 𝐈 𝐑 𝐈 𝐒

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 beat down where eclipse hadn't quite yet reached the Metkayina village. If the situations weren't so dire I would have been basking in the golden beams buried in the sand but right now all that mattered was Kiri.

She was inside with my Mother. I decided to stay out here with Tuk, not really because I had to comfort her but because I couldn't face the state my older sister was in. It was too painful to watch.

Suddenly, chopping sounds were heard all around and a strong wind picked up blowing the sand (and my hair) everywhere. I looked up to see the sky people. Not the bad ones like that disgusting man, but the good guys, Norm and the others.

My Mother was reluctant to allow them to bring their scientific things to us but when it came to Kiri my Mother refused to let her die so she allowed Jake to let them come here. My Mother was Na'vi through and through, it was who she was. The way she acted, moved, my word, it was even laced in the way she spoke, so it was only natural she hated all sky people.

The scientists ran into the hut unpacking all their belongings. I used to be intrigued in all that stuff, but ever since Neteyam stopped taking me to see the sky people to start training as Olo'eyktan I lost interest, especially since no one was around to stop my Mother inflicting her ideas and ways onto me. I still went along with my other three siblings but the only interests I had there were the actual people and the video tapes of my Father.

I sat by the entrance to the hut waiting to see if my sister was okay and safe once more. My brothers and Tuk watched me from afar. My brothers discussed something amongst themselves before Neteyam sighed and came over. He slumped down next to me.

"She'll be okay you know...I promise." he offered a smile which was not returned.

"Don't make promises you can't keep brother, it's stupid to be frank." I narrowed my eyes at him, everything that had happened today had put me in a bad mood.

He sighed, "You shouldn't be so uptight you know, you're always worrying about where everyone is and if they're okay. You never used to be like this, why are you like it now?"

I studied his gaze before giving in, "Neteyam, when we went to the...place...that man, he had us all under his knife. It was my job to protect the others, yes Kiri is older but when you're not there it's me who's responsible next because I am trained in fighting. When that man got us, it was my responsibility. I could have killed him! Protected us, none of this would be happening and we wouldn't be here right now."