Chapter 18 - Annabelle (Part 1)

Hi there, these next three chapters are set almost 100 years in the past. Hopefully it gives some clarity? Happy reading.

-Reese

The King sat at the head of the table, with his wife on the right. The queen's auburn curls landing just above her shoulders. The woman brought out the best side in each of them. A smile unlike any other, the smile King Geoffrey II fell in love with. Tessa Salvatore, born a lowly wolf, against all odds, had married the King. Bearing him two beautiful children, one of which turned out to be a Hybrid. She kept the man youthful, and more importantly, she kept him sane.

The Princess cocked her head to the side at the hand sneaking below the dinner table to clasp her own. The dark-haired woman beside her—only twenty-five at the time—gave her a sheepish smile. God, she was beautiful.

The scampering of her father's Squire bolting through the doors drew everyone at attention, eager to know what couldn't wait until after supper. Geoffrey sat on the opposite side of the table, eyebrow raised at the action, trying his best to ignore his sister who was still clearly in post-honeymoon bliss.

The women married six months ago. Victoria had her doubts, having heard the rumours about the Princess among her pack—The Royal Pack—she was hesitant to fall for the older woman's charms. The Princess had already been around fifty-something years but had stopped aging at twenty-eight. One of the perks of being a supernatural being was that after an unspecified number of years, they would stop aging.

***

Flashback

The two met on a hunt. The Royal Pack would go hunting wild animals in a vast forest ever so often. Queen Tessa would lead the pack with the Princess in tow. It was their favorite mother-daughter activity. After laying eyes on Victoria, the Princess was completely enamoured.

"Victoria is it?" the voice was raspy, and demanded attention.
The younger woman swam around to face Annabelle. "It is."
"I've been watching you—"
"Oh, I know." Victoria cut her off, a smirk lining her. "I feel your beady little eyes staring at me whenever you're around."

Annabelle chuckled, "Beady eyes? That's a little rude."
"Just being honest." She wasn't. The Princess's eyes were far from beady. The grey orbs stared deep into the woman's soul whenever they connected with hers.

"Well, I just don't think you've gotten a good view at them." Annabelle said pointedly.

The Princess begun to strip her clothing.

"Wh—what are you doing?" the woman's cheeks were on fire. They were alone on this end of the river, Victoria always preferred swimming away from the pack.
"I'm giving you a closer look."

There was a small splash as the Princess swam over to her, floating just a meter rule away.

"What do you think?" Anna asked her whist drifting closer.

The Princess reached out, capturing her wrist with her soft hands. There was so much heat radiating from Annabelle's body.

"I—" Victoria tried to look away but met the stormy eyes peering down at her.

"I want to kiss you." Anna breathed. "Usually, I take what I want but you seem like the type who you kick my ass. So, I'm asking, nicely."

Victoria knew this probably a game. The Princess taunting her and teasing her as part of a well-known flirtatious game. There was a lot of chatter among the pack, and even the city about Annabelle's...interests. Women boast of being with her, and often spoke of their experiences with her extra sexual organ.