Chapter 24 - Blame it on the Alcohol.

The 'talk' did happen, but it mainly consisted of Annabelle letting the blonde know that she belonged to her—but Emily also had her demands.

"It's not up for discussion." The younger woman glared up at her frowning.
"Well, it's not like I had intentions anyway." Annabelle shrugged.

Emily let her know if they were 'dating' or in a relationship, she wouldn't accept the hybrid's promiscuous habits. There was no longer a reason for it.
"You wanted a child; you now have a son who is a terror at only three and a half months. I'm just letting you know; you've given me the freedom to make my own choices and if you fuck around, you'll find out."

Annabelle held her arms up in surrender. "I got it, Jesus."

Their dynamic has changed quite a bit over the past few months. It could be due to the way Annabelle felt about the blonde changing as well. The warmth that radiated in the pit of her stomach every time the woman was near, the feeling of completion when their little family was all together, she was happy.

Having Victoria back was another shock to the queen's system. She was grateful—but it made her aware. Annabelle became increasingly aware of just how quickly life and its circumstances could change. As fucked up as it may sound, losing Victoria that day—or rather, thinking that she did—helped Annabelle realize her true feelings for Emily.

The pain she felt for months thinking that their child wasn't hers, the jealousy she felt whenever someone so much as breathed around the blonde, the fear she'd felt at the thought of losing her for good...it all pointed to one thing.

Love.

Annabelle didn't think it was possible to fall in love once, but she had—with Victoria. And although their journey ended, she'd learnt so much from their relationship. Once again, the hybrid was face to face with the thing she feared most: being in love again.

The blonde nodded before excusing herself to go tend to their child who begun having a screaming fit in the next room. It was likely that the maid was trying to get him ready for the big event. Their son hated being changed, and it was quite possible that he hated being around anyone who wasn't his parents—Victoria being the only exception.

The newly official couple's outfits for the event were hanging neatly in their large closet. Annabelle removed the pant; it was black with golden accents down the legs. The expensive top that matched in design, with jewels down the collar fit perfectly—which was great considering it was tailor made.

She stared at the reflection in the full-length mirror. She looked different. Her cheeks were rosy, skin tanned and blemish free. Emily appeared beside her, Gideon fully dressed in his tiny gold and black suit.

"You need to hold your child while I get ready—he's scaring the maids."
Annabelle chuckled, taking the infant from her arms. His eyes were glowing red, a streak of tears were dried on his cheek. "Why is he my child when he's being naughty?"
"Because..." the blonde disappeared into the closet. "You're always naughty. He got that from you."

Annabelle rolled her eyes, grabbing a baby wipe from the pack and cleaning Gideon's face. He fussed before grabbing onto her pinky with his entire hand, squeezing with all his might. If he was a regular baby, it would have been cute. Him being a Hybrid meant that tiny squeeze felt like getting your finger slammed between a car door.

"Stop it." She chided him, her own eyes glowing red as well. Gideon innocently released her finger, looking off as if nothing happened.

He was smart—too smart. It was almost as if he'd lived that life before.