Chapter 6 - Herbal Tea.

Strong hands pressed blonde's face deeper into the feathered pillow. Her soft moans echoed around the room as Annabelle's length filled her up repeatedly. She'd almost grown use to the sensation, pain subsiding after the first few times they'd had sexual relations.

Her hair was slick, tiny beads of sweat covered her skin. She felt the hybrid impossibly deeper in that position, and it never took long for her pleasure to build. Emily's walls clenched, gripping the source of her bliss as an orgasm quaked her. The older woman grunted behind her; hands wound tightly around her waist as she came in Emily for the second time that morning.

The bed sunk as Annabelle shifted, laying on her back beside Emily. Her eyes were like a red beacon, only dimming as her excitement wore off. The two had grown into something of a routine the past few weeks. Emily did very little to annoy the older woman, and Annabelle, being extremely busy with the unnatural developments in their Capital to think of much else.

She gave Emily permission have one hour of reading in the study, escorted by a guard of her own choosing. Annabelle had no idea what the young woman read and didn't seem to care too much about it either. Emily could tell by the tension in the castle that something strange was happening. Had she not witnessed the guards disappearing for herself, she probably wouldn't have noticed the change in everyone's aura.

The Vampires that guarded the castle's senses were all heighted, all appearing stone faced and on edge. In all their intimate moments, Annabelle never spent the entire night with her. The hybrid would either leave the bed in the dark of the morning, or that same night. That all changed last night. Last night, the queen stayed, snoring gently with an arm loosely draped over the curve of Emily's waist.

The blonde's cheeks lit up at the thought of the previous night, scolding herself for the fluttering in her chest. She ran a hand through her loose curls before boosting herself out of bed. She intended on going to the study a bit earlier today. The increased freedom she'd been allotted in the castle was invigorating. She wandered around almost completely undisturbed—minus the guard that trailed her in the distance.

After dressing herself, she gave a glance over her shoulder to the woman still asleep in the large bed. Annabelle's long, dark hair had been freed from the hair tie, resting lightly atop her

exposed breasts and shoulders. She was...stunning. Emily shook the thoughts quickly before leaving the room. Even if she was stunning, she was even more dangerous.

Her body collided with someone's hard back in the hallway with a thud. "What the hell are you doing out here?" she whisper-shouted at John. The man nervously massaged the back of his neck. "What do you mean? I was just walking by."

Emily eyed him, for some reason not believing there was a lick of truth in the statement. "Uh huh...We should move before the sleeping dragon wakes."

The two made their way to the kitchen. Margret stood near island, busying herself with ordering the cooks around to ensure that breakfast was done to perfection. She glanced up, offering Emily a small smile.

"How are you doing today?" Emily shrugged, "I'm okay." The older woman nodded, putting a kettle on the fire. "Would you like some more of that herbal tea?"

The blonde quickly agreed. The maid introduced her to a sweet, almost fruity tea a few days prior. It had a calm and soothing effect on her body—ridding her from the tension and anxiety she usually felt in a castle full of beasts. She'd noticed as well that if she drank it after intercourse, it would almost remove any aches that lingered.

She sat at the small table, fingers twiddling the handle of the teacup Margret placed in front of her. The blonde had become familiar with most of the workers in the castle. At first, she could see the surprise on everyone's face after the a full week had gone by and she was still in the castle, still in her own room opposite the Queen's. Margret told her that in her twenty years in the castle, the only woman Annabelle kept around that long was her wife—and Victoria had been wed to the woman for decades so it didn't really count.