The Red Will

Avery's POV

I walked down the hall towards my room for the makeover when I hear my name being called, I turn around to see Catalina walking up to me.

"Oh hi Catalina." I said smiling

"Where are you going?" she asked

"I just talked to Alisa and she said there is a red will."

"That's great!" No wonder her and Jameson were such good friends they both have so much energy and the same eager look in their eyes.

"Except..." I sighed

"Of course there's an except." she frowned.

"Well it's not that bad but Alisa is making me do a makeover before she will take me."

"Oh" she grimaced. "Yikes, I remember when I did that."

"You had one?"

"Yeah, I didn't always live here" she said shrugging, I had always assumed she'd lived with the boys forever I guess I was wrong. "I moved here when I was 11, so I've lived here a while but not forever." She knew Emily too.

"Well, this should be fun then." I mumbled.

"I'll come with." she said, and I nodded.

✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

"You can't wear yellow, and I would encourage you to banish the words orange and cream from your vocabulary, but mostly every other color is an option." I was now in my room with not only Catalina, but Alisa, Libby, and a brother-sister stylist team carting what appeared to be the entire inventory of Saks with Avenue into my bedroom.

"Brights, pastels, earth tones in moderation. You gravitate towards solids?"

I looked down at my current outfit: a gray T-shirt and my second most-comfortable pair of jeans. "I like simple."

"Simple is a lie," The women murmured. "But a beautiful one sometimes."

Beside me, Libby snorted, and Catalina was trying to hide back a grin. I glared at them both. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?" I asked darkly. Then I took in the outfit Libby was wearing. The dress was black, which was Libby enough, but the style would have fit right in at a country club.

I'd told Alisa not to pressure her. "You don't have to change how you-" I started to say, but Libby cut me off.

"They bribed me. With boots." She gestured towards the back wall, which was lined with boots, all of them seated, in shades of purple, black, and blue. Ankle-length, calf-length, even one pair of thigh-high.

"Also," Libby added serenely, "creepy lockets." If a piece of jewelry looked like it might be haunted, Libby was there.

"You let them make you over in exchange for fifteen pairs of boots and some creepy Lockets?" I said, feeling mildly betrayed.

"And some incredibly soft leather pants." Libby added.

"Sounds like a good deal to me." Catalina said.

"Agreed, totally worth it. I'm still me, just . . .fancy." Her hair was still blue. Her nail polish was still black. And she wasn't the one the style team was focused on now. All of this made me wonder how different Catalina looked before she was made over. I looked over to her in the corner where she was sat.

"We should start with the hair," the male stylist declared beside me, eyeing my offending tresses. "Don't you think?" he asked the others.

"The hairs always the best place to start, it shapes the rest of the style." Catalina offered when Libby didn't respond, I smiled at her.