Jameson's Pov

Jameson Hawthorne's Pov

"The old man chose our names." I paced down the hallway trying to grip onto the idea. I stopped and turned to Avery and Cal. "He picked our names," 

"He picked those names then highlighted them in the Red Will," Cal said in disbelief, she was leaning against the wall. She was messing with her hair a habit she has when she's deep in thought.

"He disinherited the family twenty years ago and chose our middle names- all of them but Nash's- shortly thereafter—Grayson's nineteen. I'm eighteen. Xan will be seventeen next month. The old man was playing a long game," I said, realizing the puzzle had a deeper meaning than I initially anticipated. "Our whole lives." Cal made eye contact with me, her dark blue eyes that always seemed to calm me. I stopped pacing and stood still.

"The names have to mean something," Avery stated making me glance at her.

"He might have known who our fathers were," I added only now considering that possibility.

"Even if Skye thought she'd kept it a secret," Cal muttered.

"There were no secrets from him." I finished looking back at Cal who just nodded. He knew everything that went on with the people living in the house, I don't know how I didn't see it earlier.

"We can do a search," Avery said. "Or have Alisa hire a private investigator on my behalf to look for men with those last names."

"Or," I said, "you can give me about six hours to utterly sober up," Catalina gave me a look showing she knew exactly what I was thinking, I just smiled at her before turning back to Avery. "And I'll show you what I do when I'm working a puzzle and I hit a wall."

Cal looked from me to Avery before straightening up and walking over to me. I could swear I felt my heart race but it's probably from the new information we gathered. "I wish I could join you but I promised to help Xander with something," she said before smiling at me and walking away.