I don't have a title for this one

I may take a little break, I really feel like offing a book character. Or maybe this book will end a little early.... Who knows, I need to stop reading so many murder mysteries.

As I slowly opened my eyes, the room seemed to swirl in a dizzying dance of colors. Blinking away the remnants of sleep, I attempted to sit up, only to be greeted by a wave of disorientation. The world spun around me like a carousel on fast-forward.

I rubbed my temples, hoping to shake off the grogginess that clung to my senses. A quick glance at the clock revealed that my short nap had turned into a longer slumber than intended. The disorienting haze made it challenging to grasp the passage of time.

"Cat?" I blinked and saw Xander walking into my room. "You look terrible."

"Thanks, Xander." I almost whispered.

He ignored me and continued, "Your super pale."

"I'm probably sick, you should stay away."

"You need a doctor."

"No, no, I'm fine." I barely managed out between waves of nausea. I could barely sit up, I was definitely not fine.

"Cat, you need help, there's no way this is just a common cold!"

"I-I'm fine, just really really nauseous." 

Xander looked around my room before grabbing a trash can and putting it next to me. "Maybe it's something you ate."

"I've only ate the food Eve brought when we were working on the Luke verse."

"Come on Cat, you need help!"

"Xan-" I couldn't finish the sentence, all of a sudden, I was throwing up.

Xander winced at the sound, concern etched across his face. He hesitated for a moment before rushing to my side, holding my hair back as I continued to retch into the trash can. Once I finally stopped, he handed me a tissue.

"You're not fine, Cat. This isn't normal," he insisted, his worry evident.

"I don't know what happened. I just woke up feeling like this," I admitted, wiping my mouth with the tissue.

"Alright, that's it. I'm calling a doctor," Xander declared, reaching for his phone.

"No, Xander, I really don't think it's necessary. Maybe it's just a bug or something. It'll pass," I protested weakly.

He shot you a skeptical look but ultimately dialed a number. Once he got off the phone he helped me lay my head back down on the pillow. "Who'd you call?"

"Nash. Libby was a nurse before she moved here, Nash will know where she is." I nodded.

After who knows how long Nash came in with Libby. "Lin, Libby's here to help you."

"It's not as bad as it seems." I barely managed out.

"Horrible lie." Libby said before grabbing my arm. "Your pulse is slower than normal,"

"I'm guessing that's not a great thing." I was exhausted, I slept for who knows how long and I was too tired to even get up.

"It's not great." 

All of a sudden, I got another wave of nausea, "Xan, help." I meagered out, he understood and helped me move to the can.

Xander continued to support me as you leaned over the trash can, my body was wracked with another round of nausea. 

"I'm definitely taking you to the hospital," Xander declared after I managed to settle back onto the bed.

"I think that's a bit extreme," I tried to protest.

"Nash and Libby seem to disagree," he replied, shooting a glance at the two of them.

Nash nodded in agreement. "Lin, your symptoms are not something to be taken lightly. We need to get you checked out."

With Xander's help, I mustered the strength to sit up again. "No way, please I don't need to worry anyone."

They all exchanged worried glances. "I'm going to check up on you every day, you're not allowed to leave this bed do you understand." Libby said.

"Yeah, thank you." I was on the edge of sleep; I was too exhausted for anything anyways. Libby nodded satisfied with my answer. "Xan you should get back to the rest." 

He looked at me nervous, "and what do I say when they ask me what happened to you, Jamie will abandon everything to come here."

"If we are to save Toby, then we need him focused on the puzzle. Don't tell him," Xander sighed and nodded.

As Xander left the room, I couldn't shake off the worry etched on his face. Libby stayed by my side, checking my pulse and doing a couple of other quick tests. Nash stood at the doorway, his concern evident.

"Catalina, we're not going to take any chances with your health. Whatever this is, it's not something to brush off," Libby stated firmly.

"I appreciate you guys caring, but I don't want to cause a panic. If it's just a bug or something, I'll be fine in a day or two," I tried to reassure them, though I was a little worried about this too.

Libby exchanged a glance with Nash before responding, "We'll monitor you closely, but if there's no improvement, we might have to consider other options."

As I settled back into bed, Nash spoke up, "If you need anything, just let us know. Don't hesitate."

I nodded weakly, grateful for their concern. The room seemed to spin again I closed my eyes, the fatigue overwhelming. This time I let it take over falling into a deep sleep.