Avery gets Kidnapped and your fav non couple

I made it through that day. That night. The next day. The next night. And on it went. On the morning that I was cleared to go back to school, I heard a sound on the other side of my fireplace. Jameson. I made my way to the mantel and closed my hand around the candlestick. With a breath, I pulled it forward. Jameson wasn't the one standing on the other side.

"Thea?" I said. I was confused. I had no idea what she was doing at Hawthorne House or why she'd come through the passage. My gaze darted toward my door. Oren was in the hall. Even now, with Skye and Ricky in prison, he was staying close.

"Don't say anything," Thea implored me, her voice low. "I need you to come with me. It's Grayson."

"Grayson?" I repeated. He'd been like a ghost in the House since I'd woken up. He either didn't want to see me or couldn't face me. I'd watched him swimming laps every night.

"He's in trouble, Avery." Thea looked like she'd been crying, and that scared me, because Thea Calligaris wasn't a person who cried. She didn't do vulnerable. She didn't do scared.

"What's going on? Thea." She disappeared back into the passageway. I followed her, and an instant later, hands gripped me from behind. Someone slammed a damp cloth down over my mouth and nose. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't scream. The smell of the cloth was sickly sweet. Everything started going dark around me, and the last thing I heard was Thea.

"I had to, Avery. They have Rebecca."

Catalina's Pov

I tried to focus on the homework that I was seriously behind on, but I couldn't think of anything but him. He hasn't mentioned the kiss or the kisses since they happened. He was probably too focused on the puzzle; but I couldn't think of anything else. The rational part of me tells me to focus on your work and not the dark-haired boy with eyes that could put you in a trance. Along with his signature smirk which was just as equally irritating as it was perfect.

I let out a breath and stood up, I'll just go on a walk. I walked past the Great Room and outside, I hadn't been out here since the Will Reading and I've missed it. The grounds were beautiful and immaculately kept. There was a fountain. A greenhouse. And stretching into the distance, as far as I could see, land. Some of it was treed. Some was open. But it was easy enough, standing there and looking out, to imagine that a person who walked off to the horizon might never make their way back. I walked all the way to the green house, wandering through the rows of plants. My mom loved plants she always made sure the house was full of them, they died along with her.

"Hey"

I spun around to see Jameson. "I'm starting to think you have a tracker on me, seeing as you always appear where I am at."

He smiled walking closer to me, "Or, maybe I just know you really well." he whispered in my ear letting his lips brush on my cheek. I stepped back and picked a strawberry from the closest plant and started eating it. I came out here to stop thinking about him, but he is making it very hard for me to.

He sighed also taking a step back, "I'm going to travel."

"To where? How long?"

"Everywhere, there's more to the puzzle and I want to find it."

"I'll come with you." I said meeting his eyes, which somehow seemed to sparkle. "It would be stupid to leave you alone in a different country."

He smiled his beautiful smile. "This trip just got way more exciting."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't get your hopes up." I said picking another strawberry and sitting on the floor. He smiled before grabbing some fruit and joining me on the floor.

A/N: Sooo, this is the ending of this book I don't know how I feel about it. But don't worry this next book will have a lot of Jamie and Cal, I promise.