The Reunion

"Callie!" I looked at Jameson who walked over and enveloped me in a hug. 

"Hey Jae." I whispered,

"Are you okay?"

"Mainly." 

He nodded hesitantly before focusing more on the group. "The knight returns with the damsel in distress," Jameson declared, he glanced toward Grayson. "You're the damsel." 

"I figured," Grayson deadpanned. 

"What are you doing here?" Avery asked Jameson, but I didn't care why he'd come—only that he was here. "I thought you could use a ride home," Jameson said. I looked past him, expecting to see the McLaren or one of the Bugattis or the Aston Martin Valkyrie, but instead, my gaze landed on a helicopter—

"Pretty sure you aren't allowed to land a helicopter there," Grayson told his brother. 

"You know what they say about permission and forgiveness," Jameson replied, then he focused back on me with a familiar look—equal parts I dare you and I'll never let you go. "Want to learn to fly?" 

That night, I lay in my bed, with Jameson pacing. "Jamie, lay down; you're stressing me out."

"Sorry," he mumbled before finally relenting and laying down next to me.

Unable to resist, I reached out and gently grabbed his hand, intertwining our fingers. I turned to face him, finding comfort in the closeness we shared. The soft glow from the bedside lamp illuminated his features, casting a warm and intimate ambiance in the room.

"Everything okay?" I asked, my tone soft, trying to soothe away the lingering tension.

He let out a sigh, his eyes meeting mine. "Around an hour or so ago, you were kidnapped."

"Well, I'm here now," I said, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze. "and I don't plan to leave."

A small smile played on his lips as he nodded. "Even if you did, I don't think you'd make it out."

I chuckled softly, "Guess I'll have to stick around then, make sure you don't get into too much trouble."

He chuckled in return, his thumb gently caressing the back of my hand. "That sounds like a fair deal to me."

As the room embraced us in a comforting silence, the air crackled with an unspoken connection. Without a word, Jameson leaned in, and our lips met in a tender, lingering kiss. It was a silent promise, a reassurance that in the midst of chaos, we had found solace in each other. The worries of the night seemed to fade away, leaving only the warmth of the moment and the certainty that, together, we could face whatever challenges lay ahead.