💜Comfort-Sonadow💜

Sorry it's short, wanted to go short n' sweet for a chapter! Please enjoy!

-Shadow-

The smell of morning dew sprinkled my nose in the gentle cool breeze. For once in a long time, feeling relaxed. The view of the trees and nature alike is immaculate in the orange shade. I always enjoyed the early mornings due to this. "Well aren't you up early!" A familiar voice laughed behind me, causing me to growl. But I wasn't truly angered at his presence, not at all. I found him relaxing at most. "What do you want faker?" I hissed. The blue hedgehog simply sat beside me, taking in the cool breeze. "You looked too peaceful to be left alone." He teased. I simply scoffed, returning my eyes to the rising sun. "... It's been rough lately huh?" He asked, sounding... Oddly serious. "Yes, but that's inevitable." My mind wandered with my answer, wanting to understand his thoughts. "Yeah but, you seem awfully calm about it all." He sighed. It was clear he was troubled about something, but that something was beyond unclear to me.

"I mean, I know this never bothers me really but... I guess I had a reality check during that mission." He sighed, his emerald eyes faltering down to the swaying trees. "You needed it." I huffed. "Shadow, I'm being serious..." His voice seemed to quiver, a sound I never thought I'd be graced to hear. It almost felt heart breaking. It was silent for a moment, not a word spoken between us. Not even one. As if we were both thinking of what to say... Or rather... If we should.

"I thought you said you don't fear death," I finally spoke up, breaking the unbearable silence. "Shadow, I never meant it..." He uttered, twiddling his thumbs. "Sonic, death should not be feared just as life. When you meet with death, life becomes sweet. When you're too heavy into life, death becomes a bitter taste in the mouth." I muttered, not even bothering to look at his face. "You cannot truly live without death by your side." I finalised, hearing him shift in the grass. "Aww... You called me by my name." He sighed in awe, grinning ear to ear. "Did you hear a damn word I said?" I huffed, crossing my arms in annoyance. "Perhaps." He chuckled. "That's it, no more advice for you!" I barked. "What?! Noooo! C'mon grumpy hog!" He whined.

I knew he was listening. His smile said it all. Even though he got on my nerves so much, I had to admit he wasn't all that bad. As to why I decided to be supportive.

I knew in the end he would've done the same for me....