💧Wish I was Amy-Sonilver💧

Based off an audio I heard and the song Heather ☺️

-Silver-

Ever since we first met, I knew I was growing a connection. The way you smiled with so much hope and certainty things would be okay, the way your emerald eyes seemed to always have light in them even in the darkest times, the way you always lended a hand to a friend even when it annoyed you... It was hard not to. I could see what Amy saw in you, I truly did. No matter what I do, it only seems to grow. But I didn't say a word. I mean, why would I? I would never want to hurt Amy, even if it meant bottling it up myself. Watching you grin the way I wish you'd grin at me. Watching as you grow shy and flustered the same way I do with you... It was torturous. But I'd never do that. But I don't know how much more I can take.

I've become addicted to you, striving for any excuse to be by your side. A drug that brings me function and life, to keep me going. But you'd never know, why would you? I yearn to be more than your friend, but I will never have that. I worked so hard to get to know you, worked so hard to be noticed, worked so hard to try and be the light in your eye. But I lost. But how could I be angry? She was simply beautiful, kind, generous, caring... She was the perfect girlfriend. She could bake you any sweet you craved, pamper you all you wanted, and even give you gentle loving that I could only dream of doing. I'm afraid to even speak. I'm afraid to ruin everything we've gone through, over my stupid heart. You don't know how long those sleepless nights go on... The words I wish I could say elude me, destroying me within. Who was I to come in after so many years and try to take you from her? She worked harder than me. I could never hurt Amy. I lost the race and I knew that, but that familiar bitter taste swelled in my mouth. Growing sour at the very thought.

I was surely hurting.

"You wanted to talk?" His voice spoke, meeting with me in the plains. "Ah, Sonic... I have to admit something." I muttered, watching him tilt his head. "I want- Well I-" I started, but I just couldn't get it out. My throat hitching itself. None the less he seemed to wait patiently, his curiosity sparking. "Chaos- Sonic, I like you. And I have for... Quite some time. No, not like... Love. I love you. But I've- I've been in denial. I wanted to avoid you but it became troublesome... I'm afraid to make anything awkward between us... But more importantly... I didn't want to hurt Amy." I uttered, watching his look become intrigued. Before slowly faltering saltily. "Wow... You know I'm with Amy and yet you still say that? How would Amy feel if she saw or heard that? No offence... But Silver, isn't that selfish?" His voice had venom in it, despite his attempt to try and soften it. Softening it, with pillows of steel. I felt a hollow burning feeling grow in my chest as I clenched my fists. My eyes started to swell and moisten. "Only thinking of your problem, what about Amy?" He continued. "That's precisely why I never said anything Sonic!" I burst, feeling the heat wrap around my body in a tightening grip. "I can't believe you're calling me selfish without knowing ANYTHING I did for her.... What I went through for her... What I went through for you... You don't know!" The tears began to fall, warming my face like a flame to a stick in only seconds. "And you never will, will you?!" I didn't know what I was saying anymore. The look of shock on his face saying it all.

"If you truly think I'm selfish for loving you, then sorry.... I'm sorry that I love you. I'm sorry it's one sided. I'm sorry my heart feels this way... And I'm sure as hell sorry for ever thinking you'd understand I only wanted to say it so I can finally put it past me and not ache every time I see you even LOOK at her!" He said not a word. Taking in my outburst slowly in a process. He didn't know what to say or do, that much was clear. But he did know, he said the wrong words. I couldn't help but just let the tears consume my cheeks, quickly walking off. I didn't want to hear anything more, I didn't want to know anything more. I shouldn't have said anything. My chest ached heavily, feeling as if it was splitting and shredding itself. I just wanted to go home.

I fucked everything up...