Chapter 7: Facing Fears

Walking into school the next day, I searched the crowd for Nicki. I was going to tell her the truth, no matter how hard it was. She was at her locker, switching her backpack out for her binder.

"Nicki, I have to talk to you about something, the thing I ran away from yesterday. I might still be afraid to tell you, but I can't stand keeping it a secret, either." I explained to her. She folded her arms around her binder and waited. "Adam kissed me, but I pushed him away because I knew you liked him and I didn't want to lead him on. I ran away from him and I was gonna tell him to stay away from me at the gazebo yesterday, but then you showed up before he did and I freaked out!"

The words rushed out of my mouth, maybe too fast for her to fully understand, but I knew by her expression that she'd heard enough. Her eyes opened wide and she looked about as stunned as I felt yesterday.

"I can't believe him!" She shouted. "And I can't believe YOU either!"

"Why me?"

"Because you kept this from me and didn't tell right away! How could you do that to me Emma? I'm your best friend and you're supposed to tell me everything!" Nicki screamed.

"I couldn't because I knew you would be like this!"

"I'm sorry if I have FEELINGS Emma."

"Oh wow, blame it on feelings!"

"I can blame whatever I want! It's my life!" I couldn't help but smile at her comeback. We would always yell silly things like 'I can do what I want!' and stuff. She smiled too and pretty soon we were both laughing.

"I'm sorry Nicki!"

"I'm sorry, too, Emma!" She replied as we both hugged.

"This whole situation is just stupid! I feel like I'm part of a soap opera!" I laughed.

"Me too." I hugged her again and we laughed all the way to first period, together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VLADIMIRE'S POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw how Emma was walking down the hallway with her friend, what's-her-name. Gah, I need to find that out. She looked happy, even after how big of a jerk I had been yesterday. Why'd I have to screw everything up? I don't understand why I can't just man up and ask her out. I mean she's so beautiful.. Those soft brown eyes and the golden hair.. Gah! I'm such a wimp..