Chapter 14: Sweet Serendipity

MAY 5TH, 2011

BEST. DAY. EVER. I remember it like it was only yesterday.. Harry came over for the third time that week and we went back down to our creek spot by the gazebo. I also invited Trenton and Milan because they were going out and I hadn't seen them outside of school for a week. They came later than Harry did, so we had some time to talk alone.

"I can't believe we get out of school in less than a month," I said. "I don't want you or Crimson or Sanders or any other of my eighth grade friends going away! It won't be the same.."

"Hey," He replied. "Rainman Middle School will be amazing next year without us. You guys will have a great year, I know it. We can also end the year with some FUN!"

He picked me up and twirled me around in a circle. Then, he threatened to drop me in the creek, in a part where there is still water.

"NO! Harry! Put me down!" I screamed jokingly. "There's snapping turtles and snakes!"

"Okay! Okay!" He surrendered and we both laughed once I was on my feet again. I fixed my hair and straightened out my yellow tank top so it wouldn't bulge over my denim shorts. Trenton and Milan arrived at just the right moment holding hands. They hadn't kissed yet, but they had been going out for WEEKS. Naturally, Harry and I were going to make it happen today.

After an hour of running around the creek and finding turtles in the murky water, I sat in the gazebo with Harry and let the couple walk away to get privacy.

"Are they going to kiss or what?" Harry asked me.

"I have no idea," I replied.

"HEY," Harry shouted. "YOU KNOW WHAT MY FAVORITE BAND IS?"

"WHAT?" Trenton asked.

"KISS," Harry answered. "SO, I WAS DOING THIS CONNECT THE DOTS THE OTHER DAY, BUT THE SHAPE WAS REALLY HARD TO MAKE OUT."

By that time I was already laughing my head off. I had to clutch my stomach to keep myself balanced. Harry only chuckled to himself. He was right, that was a fun way to end the school year, but it wasn't over yet.

MAY 6TH, 2011

Another fun day in the life of Emma. That day, I decided to hang out with Kimmy, Kelsey, and Milan since school was done for the week. I was pretty much starting my summer off early since I chilled with friends every day. We went shopping at Stonewall, an outdoor mall, and then went back to Kimmy's house to watch She's the Man in her theatre room. I have to say theatre room because I'm totally obsessed with how HUGE her house is. I'm serious. It has two backyards. After, we had a sleepover. In the morning I had to leave early for church.. and that's when my fun ended.