Chapter 8: Football Games

************Vladimire's POV*********

I knew I had been a jerk to Emma lately, but I knew she couldn't stand to not be at one of my football games with her friend.. Nicki? Is that it? Yes, I think that's right.

Anyways, I had something awesome planned to totally make up for everything, and I was gonna execute it tonight at my game. Oh yeah, she's gonna love this.

*******Emma's POV**************

I waited for the game to start and kept asking Nicki if I should even be here or if I just looked desperate. She told me I was fine, but I was still uneasy.

Just then, Vladimire jogged onto the field in front of his team. They hadn't lost a game all season and this was the one that decided whether or not they were going into playoffs, so they couldn't lose or else it was all over.

I shifted in my seat while they practiced passing the football to each other. Then, the referee blew the whistle, signaling the game was about to start. All the players lined up on their separate sides of the field.

"Thirty-two! Six! Thirty-two!" I heard Vladimire instruct from the field. I didn't really get what the football plays were all about, but I knew that touchdowns and field goals were good!

They started charging each other and tackling and whatever sacking stuff they call it. Then, Vladimire threw the football in for a touchdown, and he pointed straight at me. I smiled because now I was assured he still liked me and I let all the anger at him flow out of my body.

"Wooooooo!" Nicole cheered next to me. We both laughed and I couldn't stop smiling.

When halftime came, all the players went to the benches and the cheerleaders came out. I walked up to the balcony the was close to our team's bench.

"That was a pretty impressive throw." I complimented Vladimire.

"Thanks... Emma, I'm so sorry. I was such a jerk to you earlier. I shouldn't have freaked out like that..." He replied.

"I don't even remember what we were fighting about." I said smiling. His coach blew the whistle and he went back to his team, but not before reaching up and kissing me on the cheek. They got a pep talk for a while and then went back out and finished the game. When all the players left the field, Vladimire jogged up to me and hugged me.

"Thanks for being here today, Emma." He said. "Because you know if you weren't, I wouldn't have been able to throw that winning touchdown."

"Sure you wouldn't have." I countered. "Congratulations! You made it to the playoffs! That's awesome!"

"I know! It's amazing!" He said and then locked eyes with me. Then, slowly, he leaned in and pressed his lips to mine, but I pulled away because I remembered Nicki was there, too.

"I'm sorry, I have to find Nicki!" I said as I left him and disappeared into the crowd.

***************Vladimire's POV******************

That was THE best game all season. I mean, I threw the winning touchdown. Who can beat that? Of course, having Emma there was even better. I still can't remember who the heck Nicki is... Umm... Oh right it's her perv friend! I got this!