Chapter 11: Moving On..

After a few weeks of hanging out with my new friends, I met this guy I'd seen sometimes around school. His name was Sanders Mason, and I was determined to win him over. We started texting and hung out for a while, and then the last month of school came..

MAY 1st, 2011

Oh, this day could always bring me back to warm memories. This was the day that Sanders, Harry Nordstrom, Crimson Lamka, Amelia Lancaster, and I went on my boat for the first time together. Harry and Crimson were dating and I really liked Sanders a lot by this point, so I was kinda worried that Amelia would become the fifth wheel. She wasn't in the very least, and we all had loads of fun screaming every time a big wave came. Well, the girls screamed. The guys just kinda sat in the back of the boat talking about abs and other guy stuff. Then, we went back to my house, walked around the neighborhood, and went back inside to watch TV until everyone's parents picked them up. Watching TV, I leaned against Sanders' shoulder and he put his arm around me. He always took it off when my dad walked by, for fear he wouldn't be allowed to hang out with me anymore if he got caught. Everyone was gone at that time, except for Harry, who kept texting the both of us that he felt like the third wheel. The thought of it today still makes me smile.

The only uneasy part of the trip to the lake was seeing a familiar face on an unfamiliar boat. It was Vladimire. He never told me he owned a boat! I would've totally gone on it with him if he hadn't ended up to be a complete JERK, but this is me not acknowledging him.. I don't care about him anymore.. Who am I kidding? I still really care! Which brings me to the start of the next day..

MAY 2nd, 2011

This morning started out like any other; I ate some Cheery-Ohs and drank some orange juice. It was Sunday and we were about to leave for church when I got a text from Nicki. I still couldn't believe she had my number, or that I still kept hers on speed dial. Her text read:

Em,

Vlad's got a new GF. Don't get too jealous, he doesn't deserve you anyways.. I really wanna stay BFFs. I also wanna apologize for keeping Adam a secret.. He dumped me a couple weeks after you ditched us.. Please reply!

Love, Nicki

I have to admit, I felt kind of bad for not replying. Then again, I never did.

After church, I saw this couple holding hands as they walked out of the door. Thank God the guy didn't notice me in my favorite pink dress he knew I loved. It was amazing how much Vladimire knew about me for how little time we spent together. His new girlfriend turned around and I finally saw her face. I was confused to find out that it was the face of his sister, Angelina. I should've known. She was, after all, about two feet shorter than him and had the face of an eight year-old. Then, I made the mistake of texting Nicki about my discovery.

Hey stupid,

That's his sister Angelina. She's eight. Wear your contacts, please!

Em<3

This was a mistake because now she thinks we're friends again. Ugh.. I hate my decisions sometimes..