Chapter 5: Come back...

The rest of the way to the gazebo had been awkwardly silent, but when we got there.. he asked me the same question that I had just asked him.

"Who do you like? You have to keep your end of the deal and tell me." He said with a sly smile. I immediately started to blush even though I knew the outcome would be perfect.

"Well you know... you..." I whispered looking straight into his gorgeous brown eyes. We held each others gazes, and then he leaned towards me and gently put his lips to mine. I closed my eyes feeling sparks all over my body. Was this what it felt like in movies? Because this was, like, ten times better! I started to think about Nicki... and Adam... and without realizing it, pulled away from his perfect lips.

"Something wrong?" He asked, hurt.

"It's  nothing..." I replied, vaguely. "I'm just thinking about Adam..."

"Oh." He said. I sensed anger in his voice, but I didn't know why... OMG did he think I liked Adam?

"No, Vladimire!" I pleaded. "It's not what you think! He's like my brother! I was just thinking about-"

"Save it." He replied coldly. "I thought you actually liked me. Not him."

"I do! I was just thinking about Nicki! She likes him, and if she saw me or knew what happened yesterday after school, she would be... heartbroken..." Tears silently flowed down my cheeks. I didn't like to keep this HUGE secret from Nicki, but I couldn't tell her now... She would hate me forever...

***Vladimire's POV***

I felt like the biggest jerk ever. I just assumed she was playing me... I had to get out of here, or else I'll just keep judging everything she says and ruin everything... God I feel like an idiot...

I walked off rubbing the back of my neck feeling like the biggest loser ever.. She's going to hate me.. Ugh, she's crying! Was I really that big of an idiot? I'm starting to sound like a chick! I HATE HORMONES! Oh my god... I'm such an idiot... I'm such a jerk... I'm such an idiot...

***Emma's POV***

"Vladimire, wait!" I called after him, but he didn't even turn around. He must hate me... He probably thinks I'm playing him...

I leaned against one of the columns of the gazebo for support, then slowly slid down, my face in my hands, and the tears still silently coming. Why does middle school have to be so freakin' hard? I'm only in 7th grade!

I whipped out my phone and started furiously typing on the tiny keys, probably misspelling a few words... but I didn't care.

Adam, meet me at the gazebo, like, NOW. We need to talk about... things...

-Emma

Within a few minutes I saw a car pull up, but it wasn't Adam who hopped out of the door... It was-