Chapter 13: Seriously? Why me?

RECAP:

It's still May 3rd, 2011.

Harry, Amelia, Sanders and Emma decided to hang out.

Harry and Emma walked to the end of the creek with Sanders and Amelia walking far ahead.

Harry and Emma find that Sanders and Amelia are MAKING OUT at the end of the creek.

*********************************************************************************************************

My jaw dropped to the ground. They were in MY SPECIAL GAZEBO. That gazebo held all of my favorite memories and now all I'm going to think about is two of my best friends making out in it and stabbing me and Harry in the back. I actually heard that Sanders was going to ask me to be his girlfriend that day. Well that sure as heck didn't happen. Was I going to completely lose it right there and go off on the both of them? No. Why? I'm a lady and it would be pointless. I turned to Harry. He looked like he was about to cry as much as I did.

"Harry," I said trying to hold back tears. "We should just go.."

He was like my big brother and always knew when I was about to start crying my eyes out, so he put his arm around me and we continued slowly walking away..

MAY 4TH, 2011

The day after that miserable Monday wasn't much better in terms of happiness. I went back down to the creek and invited Harry over. He said he would be there in fifteen minutes. In the meantime, I sat under my favorite weeping willow and thought. I was thinking about how I used to come down here with Vladimire and we would go into the gazebo.. The gazebo that is now dead to me.

Just as tears started silently coming down my already sad face, I felt hands cover my eyes.

"Guess who," A frighteningly familiar voice said. The hands were removed from over my eyes and I stood up. Turning around, I saw the jerk himself. It was no other than Vladimire. I quickly wiped away my tears and saw his emotions change from pleased to pained.

"What's wrong babe?" Vlad asked in concern.

"Okay," I stated. "First of all, I am not and will never EVER be your 'babe'. Second, why should I even talk to you?"

"Emma, how many times do I need to apologize before you believe me? I'm sorry, okay? I should've told you about Nicki and Adam. I shouldn't have questioned if you liked me or not. I'm sorry. I'm really, REALLY sorry. I just want things back to the way they were a couple months ago. To tell you the truth, I've actually been coming down here every day after school since the football game. I was hoping you would be here.. I saw what happened yesterday with your friends.."

"Okay, that's a little creepy. So, yesterday you were just.. spying on me?"

"No, Em. It wasn't like that."

"Really? What was it then?"

"Well if you would stop interrupting me then maybe I'll tell you."

"I don't want to hear it. You and me are through. We've been done for MONTHS. If it were up to me, I would have you disappear." With that, I sat back down and didn't speak another word to him no matter how many times he tried to apologize.

Harry walked up seconds after Vlad left. He asked me if I wanted to talk about it and I just shook my head. He then wrapped his arms around me and I cried into his shoulder. We sat like that for a while and then he started talking about yesterday.

"I'm sorry about what you saw yesterday," My reply was sobbing harder. "They shouldn't have done that to us.."

"I-I-" I stuttered. "I'm s-sorry about A-a-amelia. She h-had no right."

"Shhhh.." He comforted me. "Don't feel bad for me Emma.. I didn't like her very much anyways, but I know you really like Sanders.."

"N-not anymore! W-we're so done!" He laughed to himself and wiped my tears away. "I love you Harry Nordstrom!"

"I love you too Emma Collier! My little sis!" We both smiled and that day ended up pretty good.