Chapter 28 (Who Are You!)

"Who are you?" The sentence kept spinning nonstop in Emma's mind. Was that everything? Had everything ended now? Or was her suffering going to start all over again? Would life be that cruel to her? Forget about herself, what about her baby? He hadn't even experienced life yet! Was this justice, life?
Emma snapped out of her distraction when she heard her family enter. She looked at Andrew, who was still staring at her. Sia came and ran to him, but he didn't react to her closeness. Noah, Olivia, Peter, Madlen, and Mark tried to talk to him, but Andrew didn't respond. His eyes looked at them without feeling or recognition. Emma was crying and trying to talk, but the doctor interrupted her.
Doctor: Please, can you all go out? We need to do some urgent tests.

Emma didn't want to leave, but Sia and Madlen took her. After a while, Emma sat staring at nothing, not wanting to wake up and face that truth. The doctor came out, which made her go to him.
Emma: What's wrong? Why doesn't he remember anything?
Doctor: I told you yesterday that his head was badly hurt, and when I saw his brain scan yesterday, I thought something like this might happen.
Emma: Won't he ever remember us? What if I tell him about my pregnancy and our memories together? Will it work?
Emma was speaking hopefully, but her dreams collapsed.

Doctor: That's exactly why I asked you to leave. He can't handle any surprises or pressure, so just try to treat him normally, and don't force him to remember anything because it will make it worse.
Noah: When will he recover or remember then?
Doctor: I can't give you a certain time, but with treatment and reducing pressure, his recovery will be faster. I have to go now. You can see him, but don't forget what I said, please.
The doctor left, and they kept looking at each other. Sia went to hug Emma, trying to console her. They entered again, and Noah started talking to Andrew to introduce them to him.
Noah: And this is Emma, your wife.
Emma moved next to him and held his hand.

Emma: Don't worry, Andrew! You'll remember everything, or we will start from the beginning. I don't have any problems with it. Just don't look at me with those rigid eyes, please.
Andrew slowly moved his hand away from her. Emma's eyes filled with tears, and she got up from his side. After about three days, Andrew got out from the hospital and went home.
Andrew was in his room, looking at the pictures, which were all with Emma. He held a picture of their wedding, looking at how happy he was, but he didn't feel anything. He left the picture when Emma entered the room. She went and put her hand on his shoulder.
Emma: Are you okay? Did you remember something when you saw the pic?
Andrew moved away while shaking his head. Emma felt disappointed, but she smiled again.

Emma: It's okay. I'm sure you'll remember everything soon. Now, you should enter and take a shower, and I...
Emma was getting his clothes out when he interrupted her.
Andrew: Can you just leave the clothes here, and I'll try to handle everything? I'm sorry. I just need to be alone.
Emma: Okay, your clothes here. We're waiting for you for dinner! Finish and come!
Emma left the room while trying to hold herself from crying. After a while, the doorbell rang, and it was Julia. She went directly to Andrew while checking him. Emma was very angry, but Madlen held her hand to stop her from doing something.
Julia: Andrew, are you okay? What happened to you?
Sia: Julia, please sit down and don't force him, please!

Julia sat down.
Julia: I was in Paris with Maya, but I came immediately when I saw the news.
Mark: Where's Maya then?
Julia: She wanted to stay with her mother, maybe she's scared from someone's threat!!
Julia said while looking at Emma, and Andrew noticed it.
Andrew: Excuse me, I wanna go to the room.
Sia: Sure, honey!
Emma was about to get up with him.
Andrew: I wanna be alone, please!
Emma nodded sadly and sat down again. Andrew went to the room and closed the door. All of them left the room and looked sad too. After a few moments, Julia excused herself to go to the bathroom, but instead she entered Andrew's room.