Chapter II - HOSTAGE

You opened your eyes, blurry vision growing clearer, as you felt as if something, or better said, someone, was holding you.

You looked around you. The room in which you were in was rather...clean. You tried to move out a bit, but the grip on you tightened.

"Don't," the voice murmured. Zack.

I've been kidnapped, haven't I? I can't tell whether I should've trusted Chrona or not...

"...Stay," Zack murmured. He sounds...sleepy.

"Are you tired, Zack?" you asked. He nodded slowly, burying his face in your neck. This was one of the few times you'd seen him without his hood.

His hair was beautiful, if you were going to be honest, and don't lie to yourself, you know it's smooth and pretty.

Was he just running all over trying to find a place to keep me...?

You sighed, running your fingers through his hair. Might as well...it's quite..soft.

You found strange that you hadn't been restrained. In the sense that you weren't chained or locked inside this place which you still couldn't determine what it was.

He was tired, sure, but you presumed that if you just stood up and tried to run away, he'd definitely notice, and would most likely not hesitate to go after you.

So really.

What could you do?

You had to run away, at some point, and maybe find some directions or somehow find Chrona to try and stay safe. 

Then again, she clearly said that it was all on you to survive until her team found a way to secure a route to Zack's whereabouts and capture him to extract the substance from his bloodstream.

Am I supposed to just wait until they get over here and take Zack away..?

For today you decided to stay with him, and tomorrow, you could explore the place Zack had taken you to.

Maybe that way you could start to familiarize yourself with it. The more you know about your surroundings, the easier the escape.

You sighed. At least I'm no longer inside that building...I'm in the real world.

You were snapped out of your thoughts, as you heard Zack lightly snoring, his chest rising and falling steadily.

A smile formed on your face upon the sight. Quite an adorable sight for someone so dangerous.

You sighed. Was he really inflicted by the substance, or is all I know just a bunch of fed-up lies..? He seems so peaceful...

Nevertheless, you tried to accommodate yourself in the man's grip, as you closed your eyes, going to sleep.

Better try and get rest, tomorrow would be a day you'd look forward to.

⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜ ⁜

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!"

The woman paced back and forth, muttering curses inside her office. "Something the matter, Chrona?" a man approached, worry in his tone.

"I lost track of Y/N," she replied, clenching her fist. "I can't know her or Zack's whereabouts now!"

"You didn't place the tracker on her?" the voice replied. "I did. I gave her the keys," Chrona said. "Then how did you lose her?"

"I presume they fell off, or Zack removed them. The last signal I got from her was nearby a hotel. From that, the device reported no movement," Chrona said.

"I see," a woman walked in, intrigued by the conversation. "Still, what's the issue? It's her job and mission to survive, not ours," she said.

"The fucking problem is that if we don't know where they are, we can't form a strategic route to trap Zack and heal him," Chrona spat.

"Language," the woman replied. "I see your point, though."

"I'm going out to scan the city for any reports on Zack or any recent serial murders after those two ran off from the hospital," Chrona said. "You two get your asses back to work. Who knows what might be happening to Y/N over there."

She left the room, looking back down on her hand, a frustrated expression on her face.
Lies, lies, and more lies..!

This is a mess...

Zack hadn't taken away the keys and thrown them. He gave them back to her. She remembered vividly what had occurred in that moment.

The glare he sent in her direction was enough to tell her that if she spoke another word he wouldn't hesitate to cut her head off.

And she knew that this being Zack Foster, he would not hesitate to do so. If looks could kill, she would've been dead a thousand times over.

She was followed by the bandaged man until she dropped the keys in a nearby hotel, the signal marking the location. She then deactivated it with a separate device, as it shut down.

As soon as she turned around to face him again, he was gone. As quick as he had appeared, he was gone with the wind, the only trace of him left being the same chloroform rag he had used on you on the street.

She'd played right into his little game, and a part of her knew that, but another still wanted to try and escape with you.

Zack was no stranger to this city, and she had clearly underestimated his ability to find his target from within an unfamiliar facility.

But Chrona knew she couldn't tell her workers that she'd done that. It's shameful.

She would just have to find the two again without being caught, and somehow bring them back unscathed.

At the very least, she would bring you back. Though she knew if she took you she'd be in danger as well.

Your sweet yet psychopathic angel would not rest until you were back in his arms.

Though a final thought remained in her head, and one thought that would never cease to worry her.
You were his little hostage, and unless she found you, that is all you would be for eternity.