Chapter IX - CLOCK STRIKES TWELVE

[A/N: I love Zack, this edit, and the song in this edit. Therefore? Perfection. ]

You had taken a shower and dressed in clothes you'd found that Zack had left for you. Maybe he knew what I had intended to do once he was done showering.

You wore a wine-red sleeveless shirt and jeans. Definitely, it was a change from the same jacket and plain white shirt you'd worn for who knows how long.

Speaking of which, you'd probably need to wash those. And Zack's jacket.

You opened the door quietly, exiting the bathroom, going to your bedroom, which Zack slept in. You opened it slowly and quietly, seeing his sleeping form.
He looks so peaceful...

His chest rose in a rhythmic pattern, rising and falling steadily and slowly, as his lips parted to release breath.

His raven hair was messy, a few bangs covering his eyes and his bandages were tightly wrapped around his form, a few loose and spread over the bedsheets.
He wore a fitting, unzipped dark blue jacket, his original jacket hanging on a coat hanger nearby, his scythe resting on the pale, violet wall, a few light snores escaping his lips.

I best leave him alone and let him sleep. He deserves it.

You quietly took the jacket and left the room, closing the door gently.
You then let out a sigh of relief, knowing you hadn't woken up your sleeping beauty.

You carried the jacket to the washing machine, where you opened the enforced, glass door catch.

You proceeded to follow the instructions left on top of the machine in order to get it running properly.
Whoever left these notes and guides is one hell of a lifesaver.

You waited around two hours, sleeping until you heard a ring from the machine. You took it out and left it to dry.

While you waited, you decided to unlock the phone and research furthermore on the article you'd found.

You swiped the screen, looking at the time. 11:28 PM
You narrowed your eyes. It's that late already?

You entered the same number combination into the device and unlocked it, reaching the same article.
I wonder just what is written in there...

Firstly noted was case 019. Let's see...
You clicked on the hyperlink that highlighted the numbers. A new page appeared, a look of bewilderment and horror taking over as you saw the case.

"Case 019. Cause of the string of the recent serial murders, twenty-year-old
ISAAC FOSTER / 
アイザック・フォスター
Otherwise known as ZACK, as he likes to be called."

Case 019 was Zack? Was he a private case?

You returned back to the original page which had information about your disappearance plus other notes about you. 

You scrolled further, information about how you supposedly broke into several buildings, stealing files about this case.
I don't remember doing anything remotely close to this, though...

You bookmarked the site, turning off the device as you headed back to Zack's hoodie, which by now had already dried and was quite warm.

You thought he wouldn't mind if you wore it while you went out for a walk. You put it on, your red shirt now covered as you zipped up the jacket.
It's a bit oversized, but meh, who cares.

You didn't put the hood on, you didn't think it was necessary to do so, and you headed towards the kitchen.
You opened a cabinet and took a rather sharp knife. You found a few bandages and wrapped them around your hands in order to not cut yourself accidentally.

They were a bit loose, but it would work. You put away the knife in your pocket. You then sighed, heading towards the door that led to the front yard, or in other words, outside.

You opened it quietly and closed it once outside. The cool breeze of the wind refreshed you, your [h/c] [h/l] hair billowing in the wind.

You took note of the area, remembering not to go too far. You walked down the streets, reaching into a cross path.
Ah fuck, not this shit again.

You turned left, reaching a dead end. You walked towards the end of it, extending your hand toward the dusty wall.

So this is the outside world...

"Enjoying your midnight walk?" a female, familiar voice sounded from behind.
You looked behind, seeing nothing.

"Ah, sorry, where are my manners? Let me show myself to you physically so you can see me."

A recognizable figure walked forward.
Dark gray hair, fair skin, and a velvet coat?
Chrona?

"...Chrona?" you muttered. "What are you doing here?"
She doesn't look...real.
Almost like she's a hologram...

"I could ask you the same, sweetheart, but now's not the time to play," she replied, toying around with a syringe with an orange substance.
Is that what I think it is?

"....What are you holding?" you growled, glaring at the woman in front. "Just some vitamin," Chrona replied softly.

"Why do you have a knife in your pocket?" she asked. 
How did she know?

"..." You didn't reply.

"You didn't think I would notice? Really?" Chrona said, a small chuckle escaping her lips in amusement. "You disappoint me. I thought you were smarter than that."

She seems...different, somehow. Danny different. It's like she's a different person...
I should be wary.

She took a step back, taking off her coat, as she charged with the syringe in hand, aiming for your neck.
You backed away, putting on the hood of Zack's hoodie. Well, this came in handy.

You took out the knife you had in your pocket, gripping it tight as you knocked the syringe out of her hands. It dissipated into thin air, almost as if it was never there.
Huh...? Where did it...?

"You should keep your eyes on the field!" Chrona said, snapping you out of your thoughts as she took your arm, tilting your arm and forcing the knife to graze your neck slightly.

You hissed in pain, as you closed your eyes.
Damnit, that hurt...!

You looked back up, but no one was there. "..Just what was that...?"
This is so...weird. One minute she's there, and the next, she disappears...

You left, a red, flickering light fading dark.

You headed back to where you came from originally, your vision blurring. You unzipped a bit of the jacket, your breaths unrhythmic and heavy.
I...have to get back.
This hurts...

You arrived at your house, opening the wooden door, and closed it once inside. You were about to leave for the bathroom when a hand gripped your arm, a bandaged face nearing your bleeding neck.
Zack.

His breath tickled your neck, as a rose hue crept onto your face, nervousness rising and a chill running down your spine.

"And just where were you?"

𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐍 | 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐒
𝐍𝐎. 𝟑
𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐘 𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐘. 𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~