Chapter XVII - SMALL NEWS AND SMALL TALK

"Zack—"

"Fuck."

"Zack!"

"What?!"

You slammed the door shut as you stormed your way inside your house, the black-haired male frustrated, seeing as a current show he was watching had been interrupted by none other than his beloved.

"Firstly, where the hell did you get the TV? And secondly, what's the meaning of this?!" you stated frantically, passing him the 'Wanted' paper that was slightly rugged.

"Oh. This?" Zack mumbled, chuckling as if the news of security hunting him down was nothing but a laughing matter. And technically, it was, to him.

"What's this, a joke to you?" you said, your eye twitching.
"It's funny. They think they can contain me if they catch me again when they clearly didn't learn from their little bloodbath last time," Zack replied, a smile curving on his bandaged lips.

"Anyways, now time for my questions," he said, his tone gaining a rather serious aspect. "Huh?" you muttered in confusion until it clicked—you had left the house without telling him anything for the second time.

"Where were you?" he asked with seriousness. You sighed, looking at him directly. "Since you left without a word, I took the liberty of leaving the house to take some fresh air."
The bandaged murderer averted his gaze, sighing sharply as he faced you again.

"Sorry," he mumbled. "What was that?" you asked, though you clearly had heard him. "I said I'm sorry for just standing up and leaving!" he says annoyedly. "Are you deaf, or what?"
You laugh, shaking your head.
"No. Just wanted to hear you say it again."

"Anyways, I met someone while I was out," you said, Zack tilting his head in curiosity. "He's a guy with gray hair. He knew my name. It's creepy."
He narrowed his eyes and kept listening. "And he appeared out of nowhere too..."

"That's creepy alright," he stated. "Bleugh."

"Did'ya get his name, at least?" Zack asked. "Nope. Left to run over here as soon as I could end the conversation with the guy," you said, scratching the back of your neck. "Seriously?!" Zack groaned, and you laughed nervously.

"I mean, he was kinda offputting," you said. "No shit, he called you by name and all!" Zack said with a sassed tone. "That's weird as hell."
You nodded, regaining your seriousness.

"Well, what now?" you asked. "I don't know," Zack replied. "...." you stared back, silence filling the room as Zack raised his brows, waiting for you to respond.
"Do you know where Ray went?" you asked.

"No," Zack responded. "Only know she went to a mental hospital facility or something like that." You nodded, sighing. "Well, I wish she were here because I have plenty of questions for her."

It had also been a long while since you'd seen the blonde girl, and even though you hadn't talked much with her, you wanted to get to know her better. However, given your unfortunate and untimely injury, you were unable to.

"You did?" Zack questioned, tilting his head. "You had questions for that zombie?" You face-palmed, sighing. "Yes, Zack, I did. I wanted to get to know her better."
The man shrugged, standing up and stretching.

"Well, I'm gonna go get my scythe," he said, yawning. "Something's been itching in me." You raised your brows, following him. "And you're going to go on a killing spree for it?" you asked. "We, not me," Zack corrected, laughing at your puzzled face.

"What?" you began. "If we're gonna be with each other standing our insufferable attitudes, we might as well have some fun with it," Zack replied, handing you a rather sharp knife, smiling at your rather shocked face.

"I'm not gonna go killing!" you said, holding the blade by the handle. "Oh yes you are," Zack replied, holding you tight with his scythe at your neck. "And do you know why?" he asked enthusiastically.

"No, genius," you retorted with nervousness stilling within you, earning a chuckle from the bandaged man. "Enlighten me."

"It's simple enough, Y/N," Zack replied proudly, poking your cheek. "You're stuck with me for a lifetime, and therefore, I've concluded we've got some good shit to do in our remaining time."

"So?" you replied, Zack granting you a response you were not expecting.

"We're gonna go dating and killing."