Chapter V - DEAD

"Bang."

You turned around slowly, a hollow chill filling you, as you were met with Zack, who aimed your gun just a bit off from you purposely. 

You felt every inch of your body freeze; numb, almost as if you couldn't move. Was his gaze so piercing it could leave you in such a weakened state?

...Fuck...fuck..! Why can't I just move...!?

Meanwhile, Zack's heterochromatic eyes seemed to trail over your paralyzed figure, from head all the way down, as he pursed his lips, almost as if contemplating something. It made you shiver.

You finally took a step back, regaining your composure, as you clenched your fists. You gritted your teeth, as you breathed shakily.

Get it together, stupid! Come on! Get a grip!

You ran off, coming across, once more, a cross path. Good grief...!

You looked back, and Zack was gone. Where did he go? Nevermind, better move.

You went straight ahead, finding a staircase. Oh, great! A quick way down.

You rushed down quickly, but making sure you wouldn't trip like last time. Your elbow still hurt, and it was bleeding. Speaking of which, didn't you have some left-over bandages in your jacket's pockets?

Unless Zack had taken them all to replace his old ones, you would, at the very least, have a few to bind your elbow and put pressure on it.

Right now, though, you had to escape and get to the car Chrona had mentioned. If you didn't get to it in time, who knows what would happen?

You couldn't stop it now. Your breaths echoed through the hallways. Who gave a damn if you were heard, anyways? You had been spotted, and Zack's skills were more than enough to track you down.

You found it odd that Zack wasn't chasing you, but you decided not to question it too much. Who knows what he'd do to you if he caught you simply because you were waiting for him to appear?

You took one minute to take out a few of the left-over bandages in your pockets, quickly wrapping your arm in them.
Damn, I look like him now. Huh? No! Focus, dumbass! Run!

You took off, running towards the next hallway. It seemed to never end. Chrona was right, though. There were several dead ends, and luckily, it seemed you hadn't run into too many of them.

A0
Ground Floor

Ground Floor!? Hell yeah! About time!

You ran, faster than ever, reaching the dark, wooden door knob, and twisting it open, as you looked at the sky.

It was blue, but...not like the ocean. It was a pale blue. A cerulean tone, if you may.
"When you see the light of day, turn right."  Turn right, turn right!

You looked to your right, and there was a car waiting, just like the one described.
Still, just where is Zack?

Nevermind that, this isn't the time to think about that. Right now, you should be focusing on getting to the car, not worrying about your murderous, crazy, and probably soon-to-be boyfriend's whereabouts.

You dashed down the street, breathing heavily, due to your exhaustion. You neared the car and one of the individuals inside it opened the door, stepping out of the car. You slowed down, and you reached for the door.

However, you were pushed aside, and confusion took over you, soon washed over by fear and panic as a metallic blade tore through the body and broke the glass of the car. 

That's...not possible! I didn't even hear him! Where'd he come from..?

The crimson blood trickled down the individual's face. Satisfaction painted a smirk on your friend's expression.
"Thought you could run away, did you?" he said, walking toward you.

"It took me a while to find my metallic companion, but I found him. I'd have to make sure you stayed with me somehow."

You backed away. "And my gun?" you asked. "That? I have it. But what use would you have for it?" he replied.
"I told you already, Y/N."

"You'll never escape me. You're mine, and you always will be," he stated, taking you by the collar as his scythe lay on the ground, making a clanging noise.

No shit, sherlock, I could tell!

"Yet despite knowing that, you run away! So why do you insist on trying to leave me? Am I not enough for you?
Or is there someone you'd like for me to pay a visit to, Y/N!?" he yelled, eyes glowing dangerously, his pupils almost like daggers, piercing right through you.

"It's nothing like that, Zack! Would you just stop drawing conclusions?!" you said, desperately. "Then what is it?!" Zack growled. "Why try to leave me?!"

"Would you shut the fuck up and let me speak then?!" you yelled. Zack huffed, as he let you go. "You have 4 minutes to explain yourself," he muttered, glaring.

"Do you even know how to count up to four minutes?" you said. 

"Huh?! 'Course I do! It's just counting to ten twenty-four times! I'm not that stupid," he replied.
I thought you said your idiocy knew no bounds.

"Alright then, I'll start talking," you said, brushing the dust off your clothes.
"This starts from all the way in B3, so I hope you'll follow, alright? This'll be a bit of a journey, and we should probably move to somewhere safer so we don't get caught in broad daylight."

"True..." Zack muttered, taking his scythe and then your hand, bringing you to a secluded alleyway. "Here."

"Alright then. Promise you'll hear all I have to say?" you asked.
"...Fine. Promise," Zack said. "Very well then. Don't go back on your word," you smiled. 

"I won't," he replied, letting out a heavy sigh.

"Now, where to start...? Oh, yes, the injections," you said. "This all started the moment you injected yourself with the weird orange-colored substance Cathy gave us."

Zack narrowed his eyes. "Go on."

You had four minutes, and that's all you would get from him. Better talk fast.