Chapter XIV - KILL OR BE KILLED

[ New cover :) Hope yall like it ]
-------------------------------------------

"Welcome back, Rachel Gardner."

That's all she read before she blacked out, a cold, hollow chill filling her. Waking up once more, she came to see a white floor.

Her wrists and ankles were chained, and she gasped suddenly, realizing her imprisonment. "Relax, child."

The familiar voice sent a chill down her spine as the girl turned around, meeting a silhouette of the priest of the second floor from the third asylum.

"You aren't in Basement three. If you are seeing this, I have most likely passed away by now," the shadow stated. "...I suppose you were running away and found the typewriter. You were lucky."

"Is Chrona the Logician...?" Rachel asked, nervousness clear in her tone. 'Gray' sighed, before the recording played. "Chrona is, or better said, was, a proper doctor in the field of medicine, just like Daniel."

"Dragged along to many of his experiments, it came to no surprise she turned out to be as twisted as he was, and before long, she was exiled from her academic curriculum," Gray answered. "Her true name has been forgotten, but I'm sure that if you find anyone who worked with her, they'll tell you."

Rachel pursed her lips, before sighing. "What was her connection with Dr. Danny?" she asked. "She was his test subject on various occasions," the silhouette answered, the girl's face contorting to one of horror.

"Her eyes were gouged out and replaced on various occasions, and her body was cut over and left to bleed whilst she writhed beneath the grasp of the mechanisms," he continued.
"As twisted as it is, that was Daniel's nature. He was enraptured by the fact that she could stand all the pain and still see by the end of it. In the end, he left her with a pair of burgundy eyes, which are the ones she uses."

"...." Rachel's lips quivered. This was messed up, accursed! This was fucked up beyond all the fucked up shit she knew. Daniel's passion was far more grotesque than she'd known it to be.

"She knows more than is good, and knows pain far more than anyone else," Gray muttered. "She hacked the cameras in the asylum facilities to track the progress and find a way to eliminate Daniel. She knew that if she didn't kill him, he'd kill her."

"It was kill or be killed. And if it's kill or be killed, she'd much rather be the one killing."

"I see," Rachel whispered, her eyes half-lidded. I wonder...is she the Logician...?
"Why is she after Zack and Y/N?" she asked.

"Zack was of interest to her, just like many others that inhibited the asylum. She wished to know what empowered his bloodlust and how he turned out the way he did," Gray answered. "And being the twisted girl she was, she often thought about cutting him open to see the insides of such a monster."

Nausea filled Rachel, and she shook her head. "That's so wrong..." she whispered as she held her stomach.

"However, she failed to make an opening and get to know Zack," Gray continued. "Y/N was the unaccounted variable that she failed to add in her calculations. Thus, when Y/N found herself on Zack's floor and got to know him, all her work turned out to be for naught."

"She was furious beyond comprehension but calmed down and kept observing the pair, hoping the woman would die at some point," the priest said, a hint of sympathy in his tone. "However, the two lived, and Chrona couldn't stand it. She then abandoned her post and returned once Y/N found you."

Rachel sighed, holding her bag tight. "So what now, Gray?" she asked.
"You'll be able to go to the first floor of the asylum in which Chrona resides, which is within Basement 1, and just walk down the ground level and you'll find the exit. No locks on that door," Gray replied.

"No tricks?" Rachel said, raising a brow. "No tricks. You have my word, Rachel," the priest answered, nodding.

"Now go. Your friends await outside, Rachel."