Chapter XV - NIGHTMARE

"Zack, get up. Move."
"No."

A tick mark formed, as you gritted your teeth, hearing the mumbled response from the sleepy male who had your form embraced around his.

"I love how it feels to be held by you, but I'm not planning to starve and eat nothing for breakfast," you said, gaining his attention.

He let out a deep whine of complaint, his face buried in your neck as he inhaled your scent. "The food can wait, just stay with me five more minutes for fuck's sake..."

You groaned in frustration, letting out a sigh of exasperation. "Fine, but only five minutes. Once that's over, at least I'm getting up, even if I have to fight you to get out of your grip."

"I'd like to see you try, you little daredevil," Zack replied, a breathy and slightly raspy chuckle escaping his lips.

You closed your eyes, letting yourself be immersed in the sea of dreams as Zack's breath warmed your bare neck.

┌── •✧• ──┐
      Z  A  C  K 
└── •✧• ──┘

Hah! Look at that gal—sleeping like a newborn baby! Her hair is so soft and fluffy, I love it. The way I can just hold her while she sleeps so peacefully?

It's adorable if I say so myself. 

┌──── •✧•───┐
     3rd  P E R S O N
└──── •✧• ────┘

While the male held your form, beads of sweat ran down your forehead, the cold drops wetting your face, seemingly making it seem as if tears were brimming from your eyes.
But crying you were, and Zack became alarmed increasingly by every second of it all, the warmth in his heart vanishing in an instant as he saw you hold yourself tight and writhing, small whimpers of exasperation leaving your mouth.

.    .    .

"Y/N, stand down."

What is this...?

"Tell me the truth, then!"

...Oh. That.

"You know I can't. I love you, I do, but, I can't—"

.....

"Shut your fucking mouth, I don't want to hear it! I've had enough of your excuses."

Those days...

"Y/N, please, I—"
"Don't [ Y/N ] me. You lied to me just to maintain our relationship, and it brought us to this."

...And him.

"I didn't mean to, just...forgive me, love."
"...Just why couldn't you be honest..? For once in your fucking life...?! Why?"

Those awful days...

"Orders are orders, that's why."

...are now over.

"Orders are bullshit. If you're willing to tear away all we had just for the sake of your job and a few stolen files about a psychopathic serial killer, then I guess I was wrong about trusting you."
"Y/N, no, I—"

è̴̡̨̡͖͈̙̜͚̿i̶̧͓̻̮̓͛̅̀͊̏̃̑͝͠ḑ̶̹͚̭̭̜̠͌ ̴̢͎̪̗̰̞̺̯͂̓d̸̡̨͙̬͕͋̆̿͝n̷̖̙̜̒͒̆͆̄͠͝a̴̯̖̤̍̂͠ ̷̡̛͉̱̰̼͓͛̔͐̏̾̌̍̆r̷̢̙̣̳͕͖̰̄͆̐͠o̷̧̡̬͙̻̘̭̣͎̚v̸̹̺̹̀̌̓ͅa̸̭̿͛͝f̷̯̯͇̓̿͜ ̸̧̛̥̫̩̗̗͔̔̅͋̒̒̚a̵̡̳̝͇̩͍͕̯̗͋̆́́͜ ̸͓͉̰̈́̍͑͂̔̚f̸͓̓̋̆͗̐͂̎l̸̖͇͉̝̽̈́́̈́é̵̫̗s̸͍̗͙̮̏̆̌͊ŗ̷̭̯̤͈̕ṵ̴̠̬̦̹̦̼̖̃̈́̀̉̈́̕̚͘͝͝ơ̴͍̳͇̮̙̭̱̔̃́͋̕͜͠y̸̨̡̹̗͑͊̐̈́͘͝͝͠ ̸̨̛͇̟͙̣̪̩̺͖̺̈͋͌͌͂̈́̀́́ồ̴̧͍͕̟̗̳̥͖̿̽͝d̴̨̖̻͕̻͎̦͖͈̝͐\

"Y/N! No"

.   .   .

"Fuck!"

You cursed out loud, Zack's expression one of surprise, as you breathed heavily. "...Y/N?" he said, reaching out to you. "Don't touch me," you whispered, trembling.

"What's gotten into you all of a sudden?" Zack said, genuine concern in his tone. "Nightmare. Fucked up nightmare about my past," you managed to mutter, your heart pulsing at a rapid pace.

"....Huh, okay," Zack muttered, his heart aching. "It's...it's fine, Zack, I'll just need some time," you muttered with displeasure, standing up and leaving the room, leaving the male rather perplexed.

He furrowed his brows, frustration filling him. Just what could have possibly caused you to be so distraught after waking?

Now probably wasn't the best time to ask, but, he'd find out later. He wanted to know, and he would figure out a way to get it out of you. For now, however, he'd just sleep some more. He was feeling rather sleepy.

But now you knew one thing—the more time you spent within this "home" of yours, the more probable it'd be that your past would come back to haunt you.

Today was just the beginning of it all, and it was with no shadow of a doubt that you hated it already.