Chapter VIII - WHERE IT STARTED

You woke up but in a different environment. It was warm. Soft, even. Comfortable.
How strange.
Am I on a bed?

Opening your eyes, you turned to your side, seeing Zack dealing with a...phone? He seemed confused. "Locked again?! What the fuck!?" he said, frustrated, as the numbers counted down.
Is he trying to get the passcode right?

Your vision was still somewhat blurry, so you stretched, yawning as you rubbed your eyes, clearing up your vision. Zack perked up, hearing you.

"You're finally up. It seemed like forever," he said. "Where are we?" you asked. "Oh. Your house," Zack replied casually.
"Go walk in it if you want. I found some weird thing that has a password. Can't unlock it."

"It's a phone, Zack. I'll go take a look at it," you murmured. You took off your jacket, leaving it on your bed.

Now you felt much more refreshed. "Hah?! No! You go walk around and take a breather, you deserve it," he said.

"Zack, you're the one who got zapped in an electric chair, got hit in the kneecaps with a shovel, was stuck on a horrid floor that smelled like shit, was hitting an elevator door because you couldn't get out,
went batshit crazy around two times because of some injection, almost got killed because of your insanity and bloodlust, almost bled to death, fell down some sort of hole with spikes and got transported to some distant realm thanks to Gray,
got sent to prison, broke out of prison, stalked me, hunted me down, kidnapped me, and you're telling me to take a breather?" you deadpanned.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Damnit, just stop staring like that, it pisses me off!" Zack said, letting out a frustrated sigh. "Take it," he muttered.

You let out a half-hearted laugh, smiling as you took it from his hands. "I'm gonna go sleep, do whatever you want," Zack said, walking away. "Hey hey, if you're gonna go sleep, at least take a shower first!" you said.

"Geez, fine, fine," he replied. "What about the bandages, though?"
"I'll bring you some. Actually, no, take them right now," you said, going quickly to your room where the bandages were.

You picked them up, ran back to Zack, who had an expectant look on his face and gave them to him. "Will these suffice?" you asked. He nodded, took them, and left.

You waved at him as if saying goodbye, and he waved back, though not once did he look back at you.

You were calm and then turned your attention to the rather small device in your hand. You tapped the small, flat button on the lower area of it, and it turned on.

You took a moment to think. Did you have a phone before you entered B6?

Probably, but, who knows? The next question was what number combination would you have put in if you had to pick. It was a four-number combination, so it shouldn't be too complicated.
[ Number Set ]? Maybe. Wouldn't hurt to try.

You swiped the screen and tapped the according numbers.
It unlocked...?

You narrowed your eyes. This was...wrong, somehow. It was strange enough that Zack had brought you to your house. Your house. Stranger was the fact he'd found your phone and you got the correct combination first try.

Something's off.

You opened a browser to see if there was anything, only to see a marked article in bold.
"Y/N L/N goes missing after having infiltrated a station and found hidden information about case No. 019" Published - - - -