Chapter IV - OUT

You soon finished your food and drank some water that Zack brought in a few bottles. For being held hostage, he at least took care of you and didn't leave you to starve to death.

I'll have to thank him for it once he's back to normal...

You were then left alone for a long while. There wasn't much for you to do, except stare at the blank dullness of the room you were in. You'd gotten used to the chains that restrained you.

How do I take these off...?

You noticed there was a keyhole in them, so there must be a key somewhere. The easy part was finding the key. You noticed that far across you was a key on the floor.

Seriously, Zack? That's just stupid, I'm sorry- How can you leave a key so visible to your hostage?

The...hard part, of course, was getting the key. You had no way of reaching it. You couldn't walk to it, you couldn't grab anything to try and pull it near you, so...what could you do?

You sighed, hoping some sort of brilliant idea would somehow reach your brain and help you get out.

You looked at the walls surrounding you, a few open windows on the side walls. I guess he left that there so I wouldn't run out of air and choke.

Letting out a heavy sigh, you closed your eyes. This is all pointless. Why do I even bother trying to escape?

Coincidentally, you heard a chirp, and you perked up, opening your eyes. A bird?

You looked to the side, and on the window, a bird was perched on the window, holding a letter in its beak, one of its wings sewn.
It flew down, taking the key in mouth and fluttered over to you. I thought you were...dead..?

It dropped both items and flew off. You opened the letter, a soft, white, lined paper with writing in it revealing itself.

Y/N, I hope this finds you well. Ugh, who am I kidding, you've probably been kidnapped and handcuffed. If you couldn't already tell, this is Chrona. I found the crazy blonde girl's location. She was at a mental hospital facility. Luckily enough for me, since I'm a doctor, they let me in her room, where I found her with a bird. Both of them are in good condition.
The bird's wing had been sown and healed, so for that, at least, I can thank her. I managed to lead the bird to some areas, and let it fly within a building I presume you're in. If you're going to ask where you are, think of it as B6, but clean, much larger, complex, and colder. There are dead ends everywhere.
One wrong turn and you're done for. This used to be an abandoned facility for god-knows-what reasons, but it was recently cleaned, and there were plans to make it into another hospital. Zack caught wind of it overnight, and...cleansed the entire building. No one escaped him. I could tell by the iron scent that reeked from the building. It was god-awful. I presumed he took his time to clean it overnight.
Was he tired when you woke up? That's why. Listen up, Y/N. The bird who's delivered you this letter has hopefully brought near you the key. Unlock your restraints, and get the hell out of there. Try to not make noises such as heavy breathing. The floor is made of a material that causes echo. Your shoes, unfortunately, make a hell lotta noise, so you're gonna have to keep moving fast, no matter how tired you get.
Zack's shoes are made of a material that muffles his footsteps, so you better be careful. I was able to distract Zack for a while, but he'll be back soon. Get out, and as soon as you see the light of day, turn right, and keep running straight. A silver car will be waiting. Now go. We...have to talk.

You tore the letter to pieces and took the key with your right hand, twisting it into the keyhole of the handcuff that had your left hand. It clicked, and you took your left hand and unlocked the handcuff of your right.

Let's get the fuck out of here.

It wasn't so bad in this place, but you really weren't planning on staying in here either. Zack had said something about going back to your house and picking up some food, so, you presumed you were in an area where you used to live, before the basement building and all that.

You picked up your bag and put on your jacket, only to notice something.
You didn't have your gun.
Oh shit.

Zack took the gun. I'm fucked.

You shook your head, and opened the door. I can't delay any longer, I have to get moving!

You ran off, your footsteps quick and light, yet still echoing through the hallways. You hoped you could at least find your way down relatively quickly without encountering Zack.

You ran for about five minutes when you came across a cross-path, one hallway leading left, one forward, and one right.

You paused for a few seconds, before turning left, and running towards a door. Luckily for you, the room you entered had a staircase leading down, and a label 'A2' on the wall spread out for you to read.
Oh god, not number and letter combinations, give me a break!

You hurried down before you heard some soft footsteps and some humming. Shit. He's here already?

They went quiet, and you sighed, before you took off again, the adrenaline rushing through you. I'll make it. I'll make it. I have to.

You heard a scraping metal, and you gritted your teeth, running even faster, encountering again a cross-path inside.

This again!?

You went straight ahead, entering a room that had two doors, one leading left, and one leading right.

Shit, shit.

You locked the door to enter the room you were in, and rushed right, only to back out quickly when you opened the door and saw a decapitated body bleeding out on the floor, the horrid stench filling the room.

Nevermind! Wrong room!

You turned left, and ran down a staircase once more, hearing the door torn open. Shit, it's him! I gotta move!

You tripped, falling down the stairs, scraping your elbow. You hissed in pain, as you stood up, and kept running, the only thoughts in your head being to escape this building.

This is B6 all over again! Good god-

A familiar hum entered your range, as you kept running. "You're down here, aren't you?" Zack's voice murmured.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!

You couldn't care to look back until a bullet almost grazed your face. 

It was then that you turned around, fear washing over you, as you saw Zack at the far end of the staircase you'd tripped on.
He held your gun in his hand, which obviously had bullets.
A smirk adorned his expression as he looked straight into your eyes.

"Bang."