chapter five : lemon bread

I settled further into my comforter, feeling relieved I actually had a day off. Word of what had happened at the carnival made it back to my mom and she was being extra nice.

She had packed Rosie's thing for me and even taken her to daycare for me. I rolled over in bed staring at the ceiling, pondering on what to do with my free day.

I could do a full skincare routine....I could bake.

The door bell rang, and I chose to ignore it, closing my eyes, thinking maybe they would just go away. It rang again, and soon it was ringing a third time.

I groaned, pushing myself up and off the bed, making my way out of my room and down the stairs. I didn't bother brushing my teeth or fixing my hair, I planned to just open the door a bit and asking them kindly to go away.

I got to the door opening it a bit, "Sorry, I don't have time today."

"Not even for a tatted up British man that comes baring coffee and breakfast," I heard Harry's voice say. I felt my eyes widen, closing the door and looking around panicking.

I pulled my hair out of its bun, running my fingers through it, wincing as they got caught in the knots and checking my breath. It wasn't bad, but I still suddenly wished I had taken the time to brush my teeth really quick.

I opened the door again, this time wide enough to take him in, smiling softly. He was in an all black jumper and sweats, his hair unruly as ever, "Hey you, what are you doing here?"

"We'll I stopped by at Sal's for coffee, I received a long lecture about how the whole town is watching me, followed by a thank you for getting you and Rosie out of yesterdays situation. After all that, he informed me that you were off today. So, I remembered that you were also childless for the day. Thought I would take advantage. I brought coffee, a breakfast burrito with bacon for you and an egg sandwich for me. I can eat out here or you can let me in, whatever you chose." He said, shrugging a bit.

I chuckled a bit, tucking my hair behind my ear. I still couldn't believe he chose to still be around me. After the embarrassment of yesterday, I was sure he wouldn't come around anymore, even though he said he would.

I bit my lip, and stepped to the side, opening the door more so he could come in. He smiled nodding and I closed the door, running my fingers through my hair, "Um, you know where the table is, I'm going to run upstairs really quick."

He nodded, continuing to the kitchen and I ran back up to the bathroom. I quickly put on deodorant, attempting to brush my teeth at the same time. I sprayed some dry shampoo in my hair, brushing it out before finally heading back down.

Harry had set up the table, sitting in the same seat he had last time, his body turned slightly
So it was facing what would be my seat.

"I'm back." I said playfully walking over and sitting next to him.

Harry's POV

I watched her sit, pulling her leg up on the chair. She was in pajama shorts and an oversized shirt. I knew I flustered her, I felt bad, but also it brought me a little joy inside.

I chuckled a bit, shaking my head, "I'm sorry I came unannounced, I was scared if I called you wouldn't allow me to come over."

She pulled her lower lip in her mouth, unwrapping her burrito, "I honestly thought I wasn't going to be seeing you anymore."

"Mads, I made it clear that wouldn't be the case." I said, searching her face, as she refused to look at me.

"I know. I just, still feel embarrassed." She said softly, and I reached over, placing my hand on her arm, my thumb tracing her skin softly.