chapter seven : lost together

I woke up the next morning to a soft breeze blowing from the balcony door I had left open. I heard the birds outside and smiled, my eyes fluttering open as I peeked in the direction of the outside.

I stretched, a smile on my face not wanting to disappear as I replayed last night in my mind.

We walked up the the stairs, entering the hallway, our fingers barely hanging on to each other as we did. Our rooms being directly across from each other felt so cruel in this moment, but the voice of reason in my mind kept reminding me it was for the better.

We walked up to my door, and I leaned my back against it, smiling up at him softly, "Thanks for dinner. And those brownies, I'm going to dream about those brownies."

I chuckled and he did too, reaching up and tracing my cheekbone softly, "Good thing you'll have plenty more in the morning."

"Sweets for breakfast, what I always deny Rosie."

He shrugged, his fingers softly in my hair, "She doesn't need to know."

I nodded and he leaned forward, kissing my forehead softly, "Good night, Madeline."

"Night, Harry," smiling as we moved so I could open the door and walk in, peeking back at him one more time before going to sleep.

I sat up in bed, it was early, but my mom brain was still functioning on Rosie's schedule. I decided I would get up and make Harry breakfast, treating him for the night before. I walked into my bathroom, washing my face and brushing my teeth.

I ran my brush softly through my curls, braiding my hair to the side before making my way downstairs. I got to the kitchen and opened up the fridge, analyzing everything he had bought. I knew he had certain plans for dinner, but I figured we could buy anything extra we might need. I grabbed some mushrooms, bell peppers, onions and eggs to make an omelette.

I began cooking, using two skillets to speed up the process. While the omelettes started cooking I walked over to the coffee machine, fiddling with it. Once I figured it out, I brewed two coffees. I finished making everything, and was thankful for the waitress experience as I carried everything up the stairs.

When I got up to his room, I used my knee to open it, pushing the door softly. He laid on his stomach hugging his pillow under him. His hair was everywhere and his mouth slightly opened. I couldn't help but laugh quietly as I walked over, setting our breakfast down on the bedside table.

I sat carefully on his bed, reaching up and brushing his hair back gently. He stirred a bit, dipping his face into his pillow before turning back, peeking an eye at me, "Well, that's a beautiful thing to wake up to."

His voice was deep, coated in sleep. It was the sexiest thing to hear this morning. I smiled and pointed at the food with my head, "And she comes bringing breakfast."

I smiled as he pushed himself up, peeking over at the food. He smiled, sitting up completely against the headboard, stretching and I noticed for the first time he didn't have a shirt on. All the signature Harry Styles tattoos stood out in person. They engraved his perfectly toned body in a way that made me want to trace their delicate design. He reached for an omelette, handing it to me and taking the other.

"Thank you, Maddy." He smiled and I nodded, "So I was thinking, we could head into town around noon. Look at the little shops, have lunch at a cafe."

"I like that idea. I wanna buy a coffee cup, I have a collection people have brought me from their trips. Now I can buy my own." I smiled, biting the omelette off my fork and he chuckled.

"Mmm, that's good. I want to get something for Rosie, for stealing her mum away." He smiled and it warmed my heart that he thought about her in the first place.