chapter 17 : blindsided

We walked over to Harry's house, his hand interlaced with mine. I smiled at him and he pulled our hands to his mouth, kissing it softly. Sal and everyone had insisted I go home, the town taking care of the clean up.

Eric had taken Rosie with him, and I was happy that she was asleep when they left. This way, he couldn't pester her about the whole calling Harry "daddy".

We walked into the house, and I pulled off my sneakers, placing them near the door. Harry came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist, kissing my neck softly. I smiled, and looked over at the kitchen hearing some bustle.

I took his hand and we walked over, Sarah and Mitch had some left over burgers in front of them, that they were fixing up.

"You guys still hungry? We're starved for whatever reason?" Mitch laughed and I chuckled, nodding.

"Honestly, I could go for another burger." I smiled leaning on the island and Harry brought over a stool for me to sit on.

Sarah slid over a beer at me, and I gladly took it, taking a long chug as she spoke, "So I heard Harry's a dad now." She teased and I couldn't help but laugh.

"According to Rosie he is." I smiled at him, and he had a small blush on his cheeks.

"Yeah, yeah." He said as Sarah handed him a beer, patting his back.

"I thought your exes eyes were going to pop right out of the sockets!" Mitch said, prepping two more burgers, "Hazza you got cheese?"

"He should I just bought some the other day." I said, causing Sarah to look over at Mitch smiling. I quickly brought the beer to my lips.

Harry and I really were like a couple. No matter how much I fought it.

Mitch turned, and opened the fridge looking for it.

"He actually didn't fully react like I thought he would. Which is just as scary as if he would of blown up. With him, you never really know what the master plan is." I said, Harry rubbing my shoulder.

"Maybe it was a bit of a wake up? I can't imagine if my kid called someone else dad, that would shake me up." Mitch said turning back to us and finishing up the burgers. He handed us each one.

"Yeah, Eric thinks he's the best father in the world by just showing face, no matter how little face he actually shows." I said rolling my eyes and taking a bite from my burger.

Harry laughed and shook his head, "He seriously is walking around town like he's the main character here."

"You should of heard him the other day at Sal's. 'My usual old man'. Like what?" I rolled my eyes and Sarah laughed.

"So why did you fall for him? He sounds horrible." She asked and I shrugged.

"He was my high school sweetheart...it just, I was dumb." I chuckled a bit.

"At least my being dumb got me this one." Sarah said, pointing with her head at Mitch who turned and shoved her a bit, causing us all to laugh.

"So Hazza, when are you wanting to start the recording then? Cause Sarah and I have vacation plans next month, so I wouldn't be free until after." Mitch said, and I turned to look at Harry who raised both his eyebrows at Mitch.

"Uh...I'm...um...not sure. Just, I dunno." He said, looking down at his beer.

"You're going to start recording the next album?" I said softly, and he turned to me.

"It was an idea....I'm not sure though." He said, our eyes searching each other. I nodded and turned back to Sarah and Mitch smiling small.

The rest of us eating was quiet, I couldn't finish my food. I couldn't help the knots in my stomach, the uneasy feeling that Harry might be leaving soon. I knew it was something that would happen sooner or later. I knew that eventually it would come, but I felt like he would have given me a warning.