chapter 25 : the plan

"Okay, now this part, when you hear the drums, you gotta stomp your feet like this." I explained to Rosie as I played Satellite in the background. She had wanted me to show her my music and we were working our way through Harry's House.

The drum solo came, and I started stomping around like I did in concert to show her what I meant. She stood in front of me trying to copy me and giggling as she did. I stopped the music when it was over and looked at her, "Okay, you think you got this? We can do it together?"

She nodded and clapped, "Wishing I be there for ya!" She yelled out then pretended to stomp and I couldn't stop laughing at her. She looked adorable as she tried to stomp out all the beats accordingly.

"Yes bug! Okay let's do it with music." I smiled and put the music back. She listened intently, waiting for the part to come up, and her eyes widened when she heard it.

I knew we both looked silly doing this in the middle of the kitchen but she was having such a blast I didn't care. She was of course a little off beat, but was getting most of them right. When it was over, I grabbed her, spinning her around as the rest of the song kept playing out. When it was done, we heard a small clap and we turned to see Maddy in the doorway. She looked so much more rested, even had a small glow to her.

"Wow, I'm sad I missed the rest of that. It looked like a show." She smiled and Rosie nodded, belting out the one lyric she knew.

"Wishing I be there for ya!" She smiled and Maddy laughed walking over to us. She kissed Rosie's cheek and then me softly on the lips.

"Well you'll have to show me again later. What smells so yummy? I'm really hungry."

"Dino nuggies, tacos, pretzels, potatoes and chips!" Rosie named everything off and I nodded.

"It was all Rosie's idea, all for you, she's a master chef." I smiled, kissing her forehead and smiling over at Maddy.

"Wow, I'm honored, Chef Rosie. Thank you." Maddy smiled and Rosie reached out her arms so that she could go with her.

Maddy took her from me, pushing her up on her hip. I could see the pain on her face, but she hid it.

"Why don't you all go sit at the table. I'll bring everything over and we will eat it like a buffet." I smiled and Maddy nodded agreeing with me.

Madeline's POV

Rosie went on and on about her trip to the store with Harry. She explained how he got confused when she asked for chips and I laughed.

"And then people take pictures of us momma." She said and I raised an eyebrow as Harry walked in with different plates of food.

"Oh really?" I said and Harry looked over apologetically.

"I was going to tell you, I noticed it when it was too late." He said and I nodded.

"It's fine. I mean, it's not your fault, it comes with the territory." I smiled small. He went back in the kitchen quickly, bringing out one final plate of food, and plates for us to use in the other.

I got up, walking over to him and kissing his cheek softly, "What is there to drink love."

"Oh, we bought apple juice because Rosie said it went with the food." He said and I nodded chuckling.

"Alright that sounds good."

We sat and ate the food, laughing at Rosie telling us different stories she would make up with her Dino nuggies. She put on small musical performances with them as well. The good thing about Rosie was, she ate her food even when she was silly in this way.

I had found the pretzels to be my favorite. I kept eating most of them, dipping them in melted cheese.

"So Rosie, I have to tell you something, it's going to be a change, and I want to see how you feel." Harry started and I peeked up at him, curious as to where he was going.

"Something, new?" She said and he nodded.

"So, your mum, she's going to have lots of doctors appointments, so she stops being tired. That means we have to go live in the city, just for a couple weeks." Harry said, Rosie not breaking eye contact and nodding a bit.

"Nana come too?" She said softly.

"Sometimes, but she can't stay all the time. And you would be going to a different day care sometimes. If not, you'll be with me always. And grandma Anne too, she's coming to visit." Harry explained, and I raised both eyebrows as this was a surprise to me too. He smiled at me before turning back to Rosie.

"I don't like new friends." She said puckering her lips like she did when she was upset.

"I know, but it's just for a little, okay? I promise just for a little." Harry said, poking her nose softly and she nodded looking over at me.

"Momma no more tired?" She asked and I nodded.

"Hopefully baby, hopefully."

"Okay. I...um, I will be brave." She nodded and looked at Harry giving him a thumbs up making him chuckle.

"That's right, my bug is a brave girl." He leaned over and kissed her forehead to which she smiled big.

I could be brave too, for my Rosie.

Harry's POV

Rosie sat on the floor playing with her Bluey and Bingo plushies as Maddy and I sat on the couch. I had my arm wrapped around her shoulder, she had fallen asleep almost instantly after we ate.

I kissed the top of her head as Greta walked back in the house.

"The house smells like Dino nuggets." She chuckled as she sat on the small couch across from me.

"We had a feast, right bug?"

"Mhm, but shhh, momma rest. Umm, nana, we go New York City. Did you know?" She smiled at Greta, who raised an eyebrow at me.

"I did, are you happy?"

"Yes cause momma not tired no more, then won't go with grandpa." She said, looking back down at her plushies.

Greta nodded and smiled small, looking over at Maddy, "That's the plan baby. That's the plan."

She glanced up at me, and smiled small, "Did you hear back?"

"Yeah, we have some appointments set, just not all of them. I'm looking at places to stay, that are easy for her stairs wise. She will get better Greta, I feel it in my bones." I said and she smiled and nodded. She looked tired for the first time.

"Just...with this Harry. You can't get ahead of yourself." She said softly.

"It's the only way I'm going to survive this, Greta. It's the only way I can get through each day." I said and she nodded.

"Okay, Harry, okay."