sneak peek : upcoming book

Hi lovelies,

The next chapter to "Almost You" will be up tonight, but I wanted to share sneak peeks of the book i've been working on. It will be up as soon as I finish "Almost You". It still has no title, but the concept is heavily based on "ivy" by Taylor Swift.

Here is a sneak peak at the initial chapter. I'll keep sharing more until the book is posted!

We lived in the part of town, where the richest with secrets went to hide; away from civilization and those that could unravel all the secrets my husband carried with him

We lived in the part of town, where the richest with secrets went to hide; away from civilization and those that could unravel all the secrets my husband carried with him. His widowed mother was as the only bit of company he brought me, besides the lazy marmalade tabbie that had snuck into our home one too many times to not claim it as my own.

I had become Mrs. Niall Horan three years ago. It was an arranged marriage that saved my father from financial ruin, and for a brief moment, it was actually blissful and filled with love. After a year and a half, the love and bliss slowly disappeared.

Our attempts of conceiving a child also seemed to slowly fade along with our love.

It was the one thing I wish would have happened. The one thing I knew would have saved us, saved him from making crooked deals. Deals that left us shamed in the society both our families ones thrived in. Now I just felt like he resented my inability to make him a father; my bodies inability to carry a child to term. It wasn't that I was never pregnant, it was that the child never made it past the first few months.

Niall's mother was the only one that showed sympathy; though I could only assume she also felt disappointed. Niall's father had died a year after our engagement, leaving Niall as the only one to keep his family line and business growing.

The Horans owned the biggest stock on Wall Street. They had for many years, even when the markets would crash, they would still stand strong. Unfortunately, Niall's need to be something bigger than his father had him searching for easy avenues. Investing and pulling money in the market with insider information, illegal by all means.

He made deals with the city hustlers and mafia leaders. Running manipulative circles around smaller business owners looking for a way in. All they saw was the Horan name, and a chance to succeed. All he saw was clueless individuals willing to give their money to their first shot at doubling their investments.

It was the morning of November 1st. It was a morning that felt crisper than most. The fall leaves covered the grounds surrounding our home, the marmalade tabbie blending into their color. I didn't know it at the time, how my day from that evening forward would forever be changed. How I would lock eyes with the tall British man, that would forever change my life.

I didn't know it at the time, that meeting Harry Styles would realign the stars, creating a shift in my universe.