Walking In The Rain (Lemyanka)

Special present one shot for my friend penelope967 ! They're an amazing writer, so go check out some of their work!
Lemon's POV:

This is not how I want to spend my birthday. I'm walking alone in the rain. Tiny droplets fall onto my hoodie. I don't mind. The rain is quite soothing, if I'm honest. I don't know where Priyanka is.

She left to go to work. She should've been back by now. I have to find her myself. And that's just what I plan to do. There's only one problem. I don't know where Priyanka works. Oh well. I'll just walk. As long as I do, eventually, I'll end up somewhere.

I have my phone on, but Priyanka hasn't texted me today. I don't know why. It's making me kind of sad. I checked in with her a lot. But no reply. Just being left on sent, which, honestly, in my opinion, is worse than being left on read.

Normally, she texts me a lot on my birthday. I try and reason with myself. She's busy at work. But that never stopped her before. Why is she giving me the cold shoulder? I hope I haven't done anything wrong. Maybe she's just in a bad mood today?

I keep walking. The sky is grey and gloomy. I don't like that all too much. I hated when it rained. It meant the sky was sad and crying. That's my theory anyways. I know it's probably not true. When it snows, it means the sky is cold. Sunny means the sky is happy.

I bump into someone. I look up. It's Tynomi. I told my head. Shouldn't they be at home? Tynomi smiled at me. I smile at them too. I go to say something, but apparently, Tynomi beats me to it.

"Hey Lemon. Priyanka is looking for you. I think she went that way." Tynomi spoke. I thank them for the tip and run in the direction that they pointed. I run and run until I catch a glimpse of her purple raincoat. She's heading towards our house. I sneakily follow her, wondering what's going on.

She slips into the house and I follow her in. There's a present box on the counter. That's odd. When did that get here? Priyanka finally turns to me with a wide smile and hands me the box. I tilt my head. What the hell is going on?

"Happy birthday, Lemon!" Priyanka cheers. So she did remember. I smile widely at her and hug her after putting down the box. She hugs me back and I look up at her, kissing her on the cheek. She kisses me on the forehead and laughs.

"You didn't think I forgot your birthday, did you, Lemon?" Priyanka chuckles. I smile and she opens up the box for me. I look inside and it's a picture we took on our first date, framed with a purple and yellow frame.

This was a great birthday after all.