Hold Me Through the Hard Times (Part Two) (Veronica Green X Tia Kofi)

Part two of my gift one shot for my amazing friend Thatfrostybunnygirl , cause I know how much they love Tia and Veronica.
TW: Sickness, nausea, mention of fainting.
——————

"Hey, Kofi Bean? Are you awake, my lovely?" A soft voice spoke. Tia opened her eyes, only to be met with a blurry figure. She reached for it, before rubbing her eyes, blinking before looking up to find a very worried Veronica standing over her, a soft expression on her face.

"Oh, you're awake. Thank goodness. You gave me quite a scare. You're still at the venue, we're going to go home in a bit, lovely." Veronica spoke, easing Tia's nerves a small bit. She looked around to find herself on a black leather couch in the greenroom of the venue.

"R-Ronnie? W-What happened?" Tia spoke, letting out a whimper when speaking caused her throat to ache. Tia felt tears bubbling up in her eyes as she weakly grabbed Veronica's arm in her hands. Veronica grimaced, placing a hand on Tia's belly, rubbing it slowly to ease any pain.

"Do you not remember, lovely? You collapsed." Veronica reminded. Tia frowned at the memory, just as an angry Awhora entered the room with a scowl on her face, looking as if she was about to lecture Tia about how reckless she had acted. And Awhora proceeded to do just that.

"Tia Kofi! I thought I told you to go home and rest! But you didn't listen to me! And now look where that got you, you fainted!" Awhora ranted, her foot tapping angrily against the carpeted floor, a distinct glare in her icy blue eyes, and her arms crossed.

Tia let out a hiccup as she stared at Awhora. The glare in her eyes held an air of worry, anger, and fear. Tia didn't mean to make everybody worry. She most certainly didn't mean to make Awhora mad. She didn't want to break her promises to everyone, that's all.

Awhora continued to ramble angrily. About how she couldn't believe how careless Tia had acted, about how dangerous she acted, about how she warned Tia but she had to go and be reckless anyways, before Tia let out a quiet whimper, and her eyes started to fill with exhausted tears.

"I-I'm sorry, Rory..." Tia squeaked out, her lanky frame trembling with a worrying amount of intensity. Awhora paused before frowning, a look of empathy growing onto her face. She sighed and placed a hand on Tia's forehead, biting her lower lip in worry when feeling how warm she was.

"It's okay Tia. You just really scared me is all. You feel really warm and you're really red." Awhora observed, causing Veronica to stand up, taking Tia into her arms, allowing Tia's legs to dangle over her arm, while Tia wrapped her arms around Veronica's shoulders to keep herself stable.

"Right then. I'm going to take Tia home, and I'll make sure she rests. Thanks for your help, Awhora." Veronica spoke. Awhora smiled at Veronica to acknowledge her thanks, as Veronica headed back to her car, setting Tia in the passenger seat before driving her back to their shared flat.

——————

"Ronnie.." Tia murmured, her arms laying limp at her sides. Veronica gave an empathetic look as Tia groaned out in discomfort. She wasn't in pain, she just felt icky. Like when it's too hot. Car rides were never pleasant for Tia, but they were even worse when she felt sick.

Being on the uneven road gave her motion sickness. All the bumps and cracks in the asphalt were enough to make her want to throw up. The road isn't flat, which causes the cars to jolt and get caught in bumps. Not to mention the potholes, those were the worst.

Cars were always really hot, especially in the summertime. The heat outside felt like a warm, sticky surface was being pressed against Tia's skin and there was no way to make it stop. And when she got in the car, it felt even more claustrophobic. It made her wanna scream.