Take On The World (S14 Top Five)

I was inspired by my good friend Rpdrships to make this one shot by an edit they made!
Camden's POV:

"Camden, hurry up!" Bosco calls, tapping her foot. My god, she's so pushy. Very pushy indeed. I don't exactly mind, but god she can be annoying sometimes. I love her for it though. I wouldn't have Bosco any other way. I chuckle to myself so she doesn't hear me.

"A sloth could outrun you!" Daya murmured. That's odd. She's normally loud and outspoken. Why is she so quiet all of the sudden? That's not right. Daya must be tired. She gets tired so easily. I wish she didn't. It sucks when she gets too tired. I go out to the tour bus.

"Alright girls, tour starts tomorrow!" Angie spoke. We had just gotten onto the tour bus. Daya didn't seem as excited as the rest of us. But I don't know why.

"I'm so excited! It's been a while since we've done a tour like this, all together." Willow cheered. I smile as I take mine and Angie's suitcases and put them in the overhead bins. Angie's in the bunk under mine, although we'll probably end up sharing my bunk.

"By the way, we're doing a Spice Girls number and Bosco, you're Scary Spice." I promptly declare. They already knew this. But I thought I'd remind them. Bosco playfully rolls her eyes and climbs into her bunk. I do the same and so does Angie, Willow and Daya.

"Get some rest, y'all. We're gonna need it-" Angie chuckles. Bosco throws me an extra blanket. I don't know why, but I appreciate her kind gesture. It's not often that Bosco's nice. But when she is, it's always a very welcome surprise. I turn off the light I have and clutch my stuffed bunny close to my chest and slowly drift off to sleep.

————

I'm woken up in the middle of the night. I check my phone. It's 3:47 a.m. at the moment. Who the hell is up at this hour? I look over and see that Daya's not in her bunk. I'm puzzled, so I go to investigate. I look at her bunk.

A stuffed koala that a fan gave her was perched playfully on the blanket. I pick the koala up. I wonder why she left it here? I'm snapped out of my thoughts by something. It sounds like crying. And that voice clearly belongs to Daya. So Daya is crying?

I go into the front of the tour bus, and lo and behold, Daya is curled up on the sofa, sobbing into her knees. I gasp quietly, sneaking away before she can notice. I run to Angie and shake her awake, before doing the same with Willow and Bosco.

"Sugar, it's almost four in the morning. What are you doing up?" Angie yawns. Bosco is grumbling something. Willow doesn't seem fazed. She's always up at weird hours. I put on my best determined face. Daya's upset, and I don't like when my friends are upset.

"Angie, get the fluffy blankets. The fluffiest you've got. Willow, think of some good jokes, the funniest your brain can come up with. Bosco, don't be a jerk. Daya's upset. Very upset. And as her friends, it's our job to make her feel better!" I instruct. The three nod and I go to Daya.

"Hey Daya. You okay? I heard you crying. What's wrong?" I murmur. I sit down next to her. She's red faced and her face is stained with tears. She looks so upset. I have to make her feel better. Angie comes in with some blankets, wrapping one around Daya's shoulders.

"It's nothing. I'm being s-sensitive. It's stupid. Go back to b-bed, Cam." Daya whimpers. She hates being upset. And she hates being vulnerable even more. And I know how much she hates talking about what's bothering her. But she needs to tell me.

"It's obviously not nothing if it's making you cry." I tell her. She shakes her head. She's going to deny that she was crying. That's so like her. She hates being vulnerable. Even if it's with us. She doesn't like it. I don't blame her. But it's not bad to say what you're feeling.

"I-I w-wasn't crying! Go away, Camden!" Daya pushes me away slightly. I frown. But I know this is tough for her. I want her to feel like she can be honest. She knows we won't make fun of her. She can tell us what's wrong. I hope she knows that.

"Please Daya. I want to make you feel better, but I can't do that if you won't tell me what's wrong." I speak. My voice was gentle. I didn't want to scare her. I want her to feel safe and supported.

"I-It's just really in-intimidating touring with you all. The fans love you guys more than me. A-And you all a-are so talented and so beautiful and-" Daya started, but was quickly cut off by Bosco.

"But you're here with us, so you are too."

Bosco was smiling a warm smile. And Willow was too. They had empathetic looks on their faces. Angie wraps an arm around Daya. I hand her the koala stuffie. She strokes the fur of the koala and hugs it close to her chest. She looks at Bosco.

"Y-You re-really think s-so?" Daya sobbed. I wish she would stop crying. She's an amazing person, and the fans treat her so terribly. The amount of hate she's gotten and still gets makes me sick. She doesn't deserve that. I can tell the comments have started to get to her.

"We don't think so, we know so." Willow spoke. Daya smiled a small smile. It was small, only a corner of her mouth curled up. Bosco threw herself into Daya's arms. I look at Daya and say a few words.

"Just say the word, and we'll take on the world."

————
Author's note:

Hey everyone! Hope you all enjoyed this one shot. But it is true that so many amazing and talented queens get bashed by the fandom on a regular basis. And Daya's definitely gotten some horrible things said to her. Remember, you don't need to tear queens down to lift your favorite up. Be kind and spread positivity. Anyways, thanks for reading!