Hold Me Through the Hard Times (Part One) (Veronica Green X Tia Kofi)

Okay so gift one shot for Thatfrostybunnygirl because I know how much they like Tia and Veronica.
TW: Sickness, fainting, nausea, vomiting
Third Person POV:

Tia always had trouble getting up in the morning, but today was different. Tia's arms felt as if they were made of cement. Her legs on the other had felt like jelly. Something was obviously going on, but she decided to ignore it.

The light fluttering in through the curtains sent a sharp pulse of pain through her head, as she subconsciously lifted a heavy hand to shield her eyes from the dazzling sun. She could feel a lump rising in her throat, but she pushed it back down and slowly hobbled up.

"Oh god. Fuck me fucking sideways.." Tia groaned, pausing when hearing just how low and gravelly her voice sounded. The reality of what was going on had hit her. She knew that she was sick, but she also knew that she couldn't let anyone find out. Not a single person.

Awhora would tease her like she always does. Tayce would do the same. Lozza always believed that Tia was just sleepy. Bimini would preach about how if she ate more vegetables than she wouldn't feel this way. Joe would just look on in sympathy. Ellie wasn't of much help either.

Veronica on the other hand, turned even more overprotective of Tia, if such an occurrence was even possible. Veronica would make sure Tia was in bed most of the day. She'd keep the room nice and dark and made sure no one would disturb Tia. However, Tia liked that part.

The issue was, Tia knew that them finding out she was sick, would lead to Veronica finding out, and would lead to Tia not being able to work or preform. Normally, that'd be okay. But today of all days was the worst possible time for her to get so sick.

She had a very important show today. Not to mention she had to help Ellie and Joe with their choreography. She also was letting Awhora try a new makeup style on her. She also was helping Bimini and Tayce select new outfits for tonight's show. Tia was extremely busy today, she couldn't let them find out she was sick. She just couldn't.

"Hey there Kofi Bean. You don't look quite yourself. You doing okay?" A familiar, feathery voice spoke. Tia didn't know Veronica was awake. She turned to the smaller girl and smiled a weak smile, giving a thumbs up, insisting that she was okay. Veronica sighed, raising an eyebrow upon seeing Tia's red tinted face. She cupped Tia's face in her hands and studied her complexion, leaving her more worried than reassured.

"I'm okay Ronnie, honestly. Just a bit sleepy. You have nothing to worry about, promise!" Tia tried to maintain a facade, but she wasn't sure if Veronica believed her much at all. The smaller girl sighed. She didn't want Tia to think she didn't trust her, so she said nothing.

——————

"I gotta say, Baroness, it's really nice of you to let me try this out! Tayce wouldn't let me, Lawrence was busy and I don't know what the hell Bimini and Ellie are up to." Awhora rambled while Tia sat down, grateful that she could rest her legs for a bit.

"Uh... Baroness... You're looking a little, y'know...?" Awhora muttered. Tia rolled her eyes, expecting her to call her "basic" again. Normally this was playful banter, but Tia couldn't think clearly enough to have a clever comeback like she normally did. Her head was too stuffy for her to think.

"I know, I look basic. Let's do the makeup." Tia breathed. Awhora bit her lip, continuing to set her makeup out. Tia hoped that the makeup wouldn't make her face itchy like it normally did. She was too clouded with other sensations that she wouldn't be able to take it.

"No Tia. You look sick. Look at yourself, you're all red and sweaty. Look, maybe today wasn't the right day to do this. You're obviously very sick. You should go home and rest." Awhora spoke in an uncharacteristically motherly tone. She developed a motherly side due to caring for Tayce when she was ill.