𝟭 - 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱

SOPHIE

I walked into the table read for my new show outer banks with chase stokes, my on screen brother. we'd met at a chemistry read 3 days ago but he was the only cast member I knew right now. As we walked in I scanned the room and saw 2 beautiful girls talking to each other, one with brunette, curly hair and the other with blonde, wavy hair. they clocked us almost immediately and started walking over, they introduced themselves with hugs and smiling faces, I could just tell that this summer was gonna be great. the blonde was called madelyn and the brunette madison, so I could knew that, that was gonna be confusing. next to walk in was a guy named jd or johnathan he was really sweet and it just made me even more excited for the show. It would be a thousand times more fun with a good cast that I could see becoming an amazing new friend group.

we spoke for a few more minutes before one of our directors jonas came in and asked us to sit down. the seat next to me was empty with a card that read "jj maybank" on the front, then jonas proceeded to tell us that one of our new cast mates was stuck in traffic and would be here soon. I assumed that cast mate would be sitting next to me and therefore playing jj. jonas spoke for a little longer before the door swung open revealing him. rudy pankow. My world stopped for a second and we locked eyes. I looked him up and down to make sure it was him before jumping off my chair and running into his arms. He picked me up and I hugged him so tightly, my legs wrapped around his waist. everyone was watching us but we didn't care.

"I see you've been following in my footsteps baker" he said as he put me down, we both had the biggest smiles on our faces "what are you doing here pankow? I've missed you, you dickhead" I said as I ruffled his hair "I'm here to play jj, and I'm guessing you're here to play either Sarah cameron or.. jessie routledge" he said cockily "well then you'd be right. jessie bea routledge" i said as I held my hand out for him to shake "Pleasure to meet you" rudy replied as he shook my hand, then we heard Madelyn clear her throat, "I don't know what this hollywood shit is but I'm here for it" she said and we laughed.

after we'd finished the table read, jonas made us all give out our numbers and instagrams so we could make a group chat and become closer as a cast. rudy offered to drive me to my hotel so we could catch up and as chase drove me there I didn't have a ride home. the drive wasn't awkward at all, it was just like how it was before, "so, soph? how's mama L  and the rest of the bakers doing?" rudy asked, our families were so close when we were younger, my parents were like his second parents. "umm mama L is doing good, she's on tour right now. dad just finished a movie and sam is at college, how are the pankows?" I ask, "well they're doing gr-" just as rudy begins to tell me how his family are, I get a FaceTime from my mum, "sorry rudy, speak of the devil" I say

"hey mum! you're never gonna guess who I'm with" I say before panning the camera to rudy as he was driving, "hey mama L" he said with a huge grin, he was obviously happy to speak to my mum. "OH MY GOODNESS, RUDY?" she shouts making us laugh, "awww my two babies are back together again! how did you meet again?" she asked, her excitement making us laugh so hard, "umm well you know the show I'm on?" I ask "rudy is on it too, he plays my brothers best friend and my boyfriend later in the series" my mum squeals making it harder for me and rudy to compose ourselves, "well at least you know him!" she says

about 30 minutes later, we had been in the car park on the phone to my parents for 20 minutes and my dad had joined the conversation. we said our goodbyes and walked up to the hotel room I was staying at for the time being. soon the cast would be moving into shared apartments but for the next week we are staying in hotels. we have nearly 2 weeks until we start on set so for now it's table reads and fight choreography. rudy went to his room which was across the hall from mine to get ready cause tonight we were all going out for dinner and to meet some more of the cast. I was wearing a blue and white two piece skirt set with some light makeup and some heels.

when I was ready, I walked across the hall and knocked on rudys door, "are you ready to go?" I asked. "born ready, especially with you by my side baker" he replied and I melted on the inside, we went downstairs and met up with mads, bails, chase and jd before making our way to the restaurant. we stopped at the beach on the way to take some pictures for our Instagram and it was decided that I'm the best photographer out of the six of us, yay! after our little photoshoot we continued our journey to the restaurant, the boys walking in front us girls trailing behind a little. mads and bails thought this would be the perfect time to interrogate me on rudy and I.

"so what's going on with you and rudy boy?" bails asked "well, we we've been best friends for as long as I can remember but like 8 years ago he went to la to focus on his acting and I moved to Hollywood to focus on my singing and I haven't seen him since" I replied, they both squealed and I looked at them weirdly, "it's the perfect love story" mads said and I rolled my eyes while opening the restaurant door, "we're just best mates"

@yourfavgirl.sophhhh

liked by rudeth , madisonbaileybabe ,sambakerrr and 194,735 others

sambakerrr and 194,735 others

@yourfavgirl.sophhhh - charleston you're not ready for us 🌊
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

@madisonbaileybabe  gorgeous girlie
^
says you 💞

@rudeth my bestie is backkkkk :)
^
that I am ✌️

@sambakerrr low-key jealous of you rn tbf 🖕
^
be jealous bitch, or you could come and visit?

@madelyncline you are so beautiful soph 🤎
^
mads babes, have you looked in the mirror lately? <3

@johnathandavissoffical photo creds?
^
PHOTO CREDS TO JD EVERYONE 📸

@username who are these people? and why tf is she in charleston??

- - - - - - - - - - - -

word count - 1135