𝟭𝟲 - 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗶𝗴 𝗱𝗮𝘆

⚠️ mentions of sexual harassment and rape in this chapter ⚠️

tomorrow was the day of the court hearing against adam. i was really scared to see him again after what he did to me but i knew that i would have my amazing boyfriend, my parents, my second parents and all my friends by my side every step of the way. we were trying to get him charged for life seeing as he had escaped prison however our main goal was for sexual assault, which was a fifteen to twenty year sentance maximum. it sucked but at least he'll get charged, hopefully.

today i was trying to keep my mind off of everything, so me, maddy and maddie took immy shopping. we went to get me a skirt suit for tomorrow but we may or may not have gotten distracted. we went into at least 8 baby stores and practically got imogen a new wardrobe. luckily we found my suit so went into a little cafe for some lunch. "so, how are you feeling about tomorrow?" maddie asked, "ummm, i am nervous because i don't exactly want to see him again, but i know i have to do this so i can protect other people, especially my baby." i say while looking down at immy. i didn't want to do this. but it was all for her.

@sophhhh added to their story

that night, rudy came over and we layed in my bed watching movies and he just held me

that night, rudy came over and we layed in my bed watching movies and he just held me. since the whole thing had happened i had been quite distant, especially tonight and i was worried about my realtionship with rudy as i didn't want him to get bored. i had barely kissed him since the incident so you can only imagine the lack of anything else in the bedroom department. i knew he would be paitent and wouldn't make me do anything until i was ready but i was starting to wonder if this was annoying him and i was taking too long to get over it.

i however felt so lucky to have such an amazing boyfriend. i don't know if it's partcially because of how long we've known each other but he just always seems to know what i want or need. like during this whole process he's known when i needed some space or extra love without me having to say a word. like tonight has been exactly what i needed. "i love you so much" i said looking up at him, "i love you too baby" he replied and i pulled him in for a kiss. it was passionate and long but meaningful, it was like i was trying to savour it. i'd missed this.

the next day i woke up and started shaking almost immediately. today was it. the big day. it was currently 8:30am and we had to leave the apartment at 10:30 to get to the courthouse for 11am so i had 2 hours to get ready mentally and physically. i got myself a cup of tea and made my way to my vanity, trying my hardest not to wake up rudy. i turned on my vanity lights and quietly put on some beyonce while starting my skincare.

about 15 minutes later, had started curling my hair when i burned my arm because of how much i was shaking, i let out a loud hiss and started crying. i had barely woken up and was already overwhelmed. two seconds both the maddies came and knocked on my door. they hugged me and made sure i was okay then maddie finished curling my hair for me while maddy did my makeup. it was nice to just laugh for a bit even if i was petrified on the inside. all i had to do now was get changed.

sophie's outfit:

once i had gotten dressed, i decided to go and wake up rudy so he could get himself ready as it was only me, him and sam going to the courthouse

once i had gotten dressed, i decided to go and wake up rudy so he could get himself ready as it was only me, him and sam going to the courthouse. i felt like a bad bitch on the outside but on the inside, i was the same scared little girl i was when i had to talk to adam years ago. after me and rudy were ready, sam, imogen and our parents came up to our apartment. i was desperately trying to not cry so i took immy and went and sat on the sofa with her. i cradled her rocking her gently as her eyes fluttered closed. i kissed her forehead. "this is all for you baby girl." i said quietly. "you're gonna be an amazing mum one day" i heard my brother say as he wrapped her hand around his finger. that was enough to make a tear escape from my eye.

we stood up and went to grab rudy as it was time to go, we walked up to them and i heard dad say, "i know you'll look after her, i trust you son." which almost set me off again because that what he said when we first found out about adam being back. we said our goodbyes and got in the car so we could make our way to the courthouse.

when we arrived, we were running a little late so me and rudy got out while sam went to find a parking space. i went to enter through the huge doorway, when rudy pulled me back by my waist. "you look gorgeous sophie, and whatever happens in there, i am here for you." he said looking into my eyes, "thank you rudy, i love you so much" i replied, "i love you too" he said before kissing me, and taking my hand as we walked into the courthouse together, ready to face whatever was gonna be thrown at us.

we got a much better result than we expected, adam got charged with a futher 40 years behind bars. 20 for sexual assualt, 5 because it was his daughter and a further 15 because he escaped jail. i was over the moon. coincidentally there was a fireworks display down at the docks that night so to celebrate me and rudy got changed and wondered the streets before grabbing a pizza and going down to the docks to watch the fireworks. i had rebuilt all my trust with rudy because i realised the barrier was all in my head so we finished the night with some grown up fun.

@rudeth added to their story

word count - 1080