𝟭𝟭 - 𝗵𝗲'𝘀 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸

SOPHIE

⚠️ trigger warning ⚠️
talks of drugs, alcohol, abuse and rape in this chapter

I guess I should tell you about my dad and how this whole situation came to be. aaron baker is not mine and sams biological father, but the public don't know that. my biological dad is called Adam. my mum and Adam met when then they were really young. like 14 years old. they dated for 6 years, but about 4 years into their relationship, Adam started to venture into the world of drugs and alcohol. this turned him into a completely different person. that's when the abuse started. at first it was horrible insults, which turned to grabbing of the wrist abit too hard, which became a slap or a kick, which turned into punches and broken noses. he would always apologise in the morning or say something manipulative to make her forgive him. it was extremely toxic. it took mum 2 years to get out of the relationship. she got a restraining order before going through months of therapy and using singing as her little escape from life. she was really struggling. one day her best friend posted a video of her singing on Instagram and it blew up. she got invited on talk shows and then got signed to a record label all at the age of 21. then she met my dad, aaron. they met backstage of the late late show as he was an actor. they exchanged numbers, went on a date and the rest is history. they moved to Alaska and started a life together. one day when they were 23, they were visiting England and while my dad was at the bar, my mum saw Adam. he was high on coke and took my mum to his hotel room. he kept her in that room for 48 hours and raped her over 15 times. when she found aaron after the incident they got lawyers involved and he was arrested for rape, sentenced to 25 years. a few months after the incident my mum found out she was pregnant. me and sam were children of rape. because my parents were both in the public eye, they decided to keep this whole chapter of life private so people think aaron is our biological dad. in my eyes he is my dad, biological or not and that means a lot to me. when we found out about Adam we were 12, we wanted to meet him so my mum arranged a zoom call with the prison. we spoke to him a couple times and at first he was really sweet. he called me pumpkin and he called sam buddy, but after a couple of calls he turned mean. he would make digs at our mum and he just wasn't nice so we stopped talk to him. it was a lot to deal with as a 12 year old but Rudy was there for me through all of it and the pankows are pretty much the only people that know about Adam. for him to be out of prison shocked me and I need sam and Rudy now. I don't know what we're going to do.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

my girls helped me up off of the bathroom floor and we went to find rudy and sam. my mascara was all down my face and my breathing pattern still wasn't back to normal. I saw rudy and sam in the corner talking to jd, Austin, chase, drew, tom, Jacob, emery and darren. they both saw me being helped over to them by the girls and rushed to me. "I need to talk to you guys," I said, "it's Adam." with that I turned around and walked towards the stairs that led to the roof terrace. knowing that I hate talking about Adam, they realised it was serious and they both followed me.

when we got to the roof, I turned around to the extremely worried boys. i made eye contact with rudy and broke down. I started sobbing uncontrollably and I fell to the ground again. both boys ran to my side and held me tightly. rudy kissed me on the head, "take your time Sophie, we're right here" he said softly as he began running his fingers through my hair. "a-adam called me while I was in t-the bathroom," I said stuttering, "okay soph," sam began, "what did he say" I paused for a minute thinking back to the phone call i'd had less than ten minutes ago, "he called m-me pumpkin and I asked who was o-on the phone and he said y-you know who I am p-pumpkin, I'm b-back" I burst into tears again, I thought we were free of Adam but I guess not.

rudy went downstairs to find the cast and try and subtly get the guests to leave while me and sam contacted our parents to let them know what was happening. mum and dad then called the police to let them know that there had been a jailbreak and they have officers all over London to try and catch him. me and sam went back down to the party where I saw Zendaya and Tom talking to bails, austin and drew, but everyone else is gone. z spots me coming down the stairs and can see the dried mascara down my cheeks. she runs over to me and gives me a hug, "Sophie babesss, why are you crying on your birthday?" she says, "oh it's just family stuff" I reply. she can tell I don't want to go into detail so she drops it and Tom walks over to give me a hug. "hey dickhead, saw you crying earlier. are you okay?" he asks, genuinely concerned. "yea I'm good, why are you worried about me?" I say jokingly, "noooo, never" he replies. me, tom, Jacob and z always got on really well but me and tom were like brother and sister, it was a lovely friendship.

a few minutes later, rudy and the rest of the cast came back in. turns out they were on facetime with my mum and dad. maddy filmed some clips on her phone and it was really adorable. the last thing my dad said to rudy was 'I know you'll look after her, I trust you son' it was too cute. we were all really tired so everyone went back to the apartment complex except me and Rudy because he had rented out a hotel room for us, which was adorable, and who knows what might happen tonight ;) Because me and Rudy were sleeping at the hotel I offered sam my bed so he didn't have to sleep on the boys pull out couch. he accepted my offer and drove home with maddy and maddie. rudy drove us to our hotel, we checked in and had some fun before going to bed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

word count - 1157