Chapter 8- Stopping It

Violet's POV-

I was panicking, I didn't understand how William could be shifting when he wasn't one of us, I knew he wasn't one of us, so how could this be happening?

I took a deep breath and let the power flow through me as I let my Dendrix out, but had enough power to control her movements.

I felt sparks shoot out of my hand as William passed out, I let my hand touch his chest, forcing the Dendrix in him back, I knew he was dying to come out and meet his mate, as was mine, but this timing was not the best. If anything, I would only be able to hold it back for a few months while I searched for something to force it back forever. Knowing that his Dendrix was not out, just not being able to shift, William's emotions would be all over the place. Knowing him, he would be more possessive, more controlling, he'll be stubborn, over-bearing, everything. Using my energy, I grabbed William and transported to his room, laying him down on his bed. I needed to go check on James, he should be waking up in a few hours and I need to get him back to Melanie, she must be freaking out feeling his pain through their bond, who would have thought he would have ended up with a witch?

I transported to the cells and grabbed James' hand transporting to Melanie's cabin and into their room.

"MELANIE!" I called and if I blinked I wouldn't have seen the slight blur that moved through the room and threw themselves at James, luckily I caught her, she would have disturbed the healing process and caused him pain if she jumped on him, but I understand she just wants to touch him, to make sure he was really here and alive.

"What happened?" she cried.

"We were captured, I was too late, since I'm a royal, I had the ability to save him. Luckily he wasn't killed with flossom, a Dendrix' worst weakness or I wouldn't have been able to do so," I explained briefly, I had to get back to William, my Dendrix and wolf won't stop thrashing in me, if this continues they'll clash and I'll be over powered.

"He'll wake up in a few hours good as new, when he does, tell him to reach out to me, I need to speak with him," I said and Melanie nodded as she clutched onto his hands like her life depended on it.

"I'll be back tomorrow," I said.

She nodded and I transported back to William's room, I saw him sweating in bed, groaning in pain, but not being able to wake up. He was whimpering my name and reaching out to find me which made my eyes cloud with tears as my throat seemed to get smaller and smaller. He didn't deserve this; he's the monster he hates. The thought that he couldn't accept my true self brought a pain deep within me.

"I'll find a way to make it ok, you won't be like me, I promise," I whispered to him as I gently touched his forehead instantly soothing him, calming down his whimpers and groans of pain.

After a few minutes I walked out on a mission to find the Beta and ask for a few things. As soon as I closed the door to William's bedroom and took a step I bumped into a wall, literally.

I looked up not affected by it, "I'm so sorry Luna," the guy said. He was almost as big as William, is he the Beta?

"Um that's ok and please call me Violet," I said softly.

"I'm Bates, the Beta," he grinned from ear to ear. I smiled back at him, "Just the person I was looking for," I said.

"How may I be of assistance?" he asked.

"William is sleeping right now, can I get a bowl of cold water and a wash cloth, along with directions to the kitchen so I can make him something to eat."

"Is the Alpha alright?" he asked concerned.

"Yes, he will be, but please warm water and directions," I said hurridly remembering that William's back maybe bleeding due to his wings wanting to come out.