Chapter 22- "You're killing her!"

*NOT EDITED*

Violet's POV-

It's been a month and half since everything happened. A whole month and a half since we defeated the war against the hunters, a month and a half since I found out I was pregnant, and it's been 4 weeks since I've last seen William.

After telling him there was now way in hell that I was killing this baby, he's been really...distant.

At first he was there for me during my recovery, but after that week was over, I just started seeing him less and less. My father and Uncle say that he's been training to control his Dendrix, but even if that was true, shouldn't he have at least a few minutes to check in with me? To tell me he's okay and that he loves me...us. It's different now because he can't even look at me. When I enter a room, he makes an excuse and leaves. That's how it was for two straight weeks and I've tried confronting him, but he just doesn't give me the time of day anymore and it's breaking my heart.

I need him the most right now...and he's acting like I don't even exist.

I looked down at my now round stomach with blurry vision, then looked back into the full length mirror. I was back at my parent's castle. I was with William and his pack for a few days, but I got so lonely that I couldn't handle it. At least here I had my parents who I knew loved me unconditionally.

I looked at my dull grey eyes, my skin that paler than usual. My cheek bones are more prominent with the weight loss I've undergone. I'm not the fierce warrior I once was, but that's okay. As long as my baby was receiving all the energy in order to survive, I was fine with it. It's just... I can literally feel my Dendrix detaching itself from me. My wolf has been long gone since the day William has ignored our presence. My Dendrix has tried making the effort to nourish our baby, but with the absence of our mate, I'm dying faster than I should be. I'm getting weaker and weaker by the hour and I just pray to who is ever out there, to give me enough strength to at least make it through these last few weeks in order for my baby to live.

"Princess, it's dinner time," I heard someone knock on the other side of my bedroom door.

"Coming," I called out. I slowly took my time waddling to the door, opening it and letting the guard at my door wrap his arm around me in order for him to support my weight. Yes, as much as I hate to admit it, I'm getting too weak to walk by myself. Teleportation isn't even an option in my condition.

Slowly we walked downstairs and to the grand dining room where my parents were already seated. James and Melanie were here, Bates and Heather (William's beta and little sister) were here as well. Other guards and my father second and third in command, with their mates were seated too. Slowly I walked to my chair with the assistance of my guard, and he helped me sit down across from my mother who was seated at my father's left, with me on his right.

"How are you darling?" my father rested his hand on top of mine.

"Fine," I smiled. I could tell no one believed me, and I was starting to doubt if I was even fine at all, as well.

"How did the appointment go today?" Bates tried steering the conversation away, which I was grateful for.

"It went great, thank you Heather and Melanie for going with me," I smiled at them.

"Anything for our future...." they shut up and gave me a look.

My mother dropped her silver ware and looked at me with excited eyes.

"You know the sex?!" she questioned. She was as happy as any grandmother would be with the news of her first grandchild.

I grinned as all the attention went on me, I pulled out the picture of my ultrasound and it was immediately snatched by mother who looked at it while my father leaned towards her to get a look.